• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

angry at my Cucv

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would also consider the current fuels and rebuilders. Todays fuel is very dry. Stanadyne is probably compensating for this with updated rebuild kits but I'd think many rebuilders are using up old stock first. Try adding a lubricity formula.

Last edited:

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not a chemist nor do I play one on TV, but I believe the sulphur removed from diesel is what used to act as a lubricant.

rick

zout

Cucvnut - if you allow mechanical items to get the best of you - you are defeated before you begin.

Its man made - it can take a crap whenever it wants to - that means even if you had just pulled it off the showroom floor from a dealer - MURPHY.

You could be doing the best you can on PM's - inspections or whatever - and the most unlikely item will be the thing to break or fail on you - MURPHY

Stand back - take a deep breath and look at it from a different perspective - you cannot allow this stuff to run you or manipulate you - Holy Cow - its just mechanical stuff that man invented to frustrate us in the first place.

You can do it Bro - just get a grip.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You sure it's not an electrical problem? That one pump that was on your truck is still running fine in mine (after I replaced the solenoid). Do you still have a 24v setup? Maybe there's something funky with your wiring causing a higher than normal voltage?

Cucvnut

You sure it's not an electrical problem? That one pump that was on your truck is still running fine in mine (after I replaced the solenoid). Do you still have a 24v setup? Maybe there's something funky with your wiring causing a higher than normal voltage?

I did not count that pump since it runs on your truck. :)

zout

CUCV - do you know what volume of fuel is actually going though the system or was it pre-set when you got it @fuel pump and what was the pressure set at ?
Is there a pressure regulator in the system - is there an actual read out of what that pressure is ? A physical reading heading into the pump ?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I did not count that pump since it runs on your truck. :)
Well it didn't run at first, I had to swap a solenoid as the one on it was smoked. That's why I put it out there that maybe its somehow getting 24v? I dunno, I'm just grasping at this point.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks