• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anneville Pa to Pittsburgh PA: Need Price Quote

hof3414

Not sure if I'm gonna drive it back or have it trailered, but would like to get a estimate on price for someone to trailer it back for me. Price might determine which route i decide to go with. It's a m35a2, any estimates on price would be appreciated. Thanks.

mbarber84

Drove mine from Mechanicsburg to Bethel Park without a hitch. Well....not entirely true, lost a windshield wiper along the way, in he dead of winter, in a snow storm on the turnpike...that was close. But thats why its important to bring along at least 1 dedicated friend.....he played the part of the windshield wiper the last hour of the trip! :-D

Grab some buddies, a pickup or two, spare batteries, fluids, tools, the Steel Soldiers recovery checklist, and hit the road. Have a tow / haul lined up as a back up plan. Part of the fun is the recovery!

hof3414

Whats up Barber, hows the truck? Its my father in laws truck, he's nervous bout driving it home I told him I would drive it. I' ve been working on my truck now that its nice out. Need a few more things before inspection though. We need to get all the trucks together soon me, you, russell p, nagy and there are quite a few other trucks around us.

Jared

ddskehan

tow

you can ask westfolk . he picked my truck up and brought it to his home and checked it over. I went with another guy that had a truck at his location and drove home to mass. we'll partially but I suffered no problems.

mbarber84

Hey Jared, didnt realize that was you man! Glad to see you on board here, you`ve found your second home for this stuff! If you really dont want to drive it back, have him talk to Dom Folino, he hauled Russ`s first deuce back from mechanicsburg. Annville is actually a bit closer, have to talk to him about the $$. If it were me, I would stop at Cal Army Navy, get some BDU`s, grab the tools and supplies, and hit the road. I have personally driven 3 trucks home from Mechanicsburg without a hitch. Its very doable....just make sure you have insurance and some sort of paperwork showing that the truck is yours. Also, if you know anybody that has a towing service, see if you can borrow/rent their PA Repair / Towing plate. That will help too. Take your time, watch how you drive, and you should be fine. As far as I have seen, an Army truck on the turnpike is about as noticeable as a blade of grass in the yard. But then again, theres always that chance......just have to make a decision and go with it. I got lucky 3 times, at this point, I wouldnt want to push my luck lol.

Yeah we Def. need to get the boys / trucks together. We can do our own little pittsburgh rally lol. I have some axle seals and a parking brake to repair on my truck, but other than that im up for a drive.

Chevyman_15237

Fellla's

Jared-

Marree here.... I'm buying Russ' here shortly; glad to be part of the club soon! If you need it hauled, call up to Klapec Trucking (marc lander) if Folino can't do it. Their prices are pretty decent from what I hear!

mbarber84

By the way, when are we going to put some fresh paint on that `ole girl of yours? The 109`s look awesome when theyre all freshened up with Tri-color camo. Im willing to give you a hand with the prep and paint`n if you are up for it. Get the 383 green, 383 Brown, and 911 flat black paint from rapco parts. Get a few gallons of each, a lowes spray gun, and an air compressor and you`d be amazed at what you can do. Whatever you do, dont get rid of the van body! Thats the only one in our motor pool in this area, you`ve got the rolling command center. Ive seen them outfitted with beer coolers.......:grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks