• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another 1986 M1009 - have to sell it though

gasser

Hiya all,

I got the truck on Friday staight from the GSA. It appears to be a headquarters truck for the Florida National Guard in Southern Florida.

Overall, its in good shape. Starts right up and drives pretty good. I have taken it up to about 50 and it steers, shifts and brakes just fine. It’s not tagged, so I have been driving it around my neighborhood. I should be getting the SF97 from the GSA in the upcoming week.

Tires are good shape, about 80-90% thread left. The spare I would say is about 50-60% thread.
Dash is not cracked, but does not have dash mount for the aux items. Most of the electrical items work except for the front black-out lights. I will be changing those out. I put in new 800cca batteries as the 6TL’s weren’t holding a charge, however the drivers alternator is not putting enough volts so I will be getting it rebuilt. I replaced the GPs with Wellman 70’s from SSDiesel.

There are 3 rust areas; one spot in the drivers door frame, one above the passengers’ door frame and the passengers inner front fender (I will include a good one from my parts truck). Paint is in fairshape and there isn’t any major dent. All the glass is there; tailgate glass operates just fine and locks too. Door locks are working as well.

There are no leaks; I flushed out the coolant and changed the oil. Topped off the brake fluid, PS fluid and trans.

I have taken some pictures of it, which can be found here:
http://www.iamforeverme.com/photos/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=896

If you are interested in purchasing this from me, PM me.

-graham