• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another 1986 M1009 - have to sell it though

gasser

Hiya all,

I got the truck on Friday staight from the GSA. It appears to be a headquarters truck for the Florida National Guard in Southern Florida.

Overall, its in good shape. Starts right up and drives pretty good. I have taken it up to about 50 and it steers, shifts and brakes just fine. It’s not tagged, so I have been driving it around my neighborhood. I should be getting the SF97 from the GSA in the upcoming week.

Tires are good shape, about 80-90% thread left. The spare I would say is about 50-60% thread.
Dash is not cracked, but does not have dash mount for the aux items. Most of the electrical items work except for the front black-out lights. I will be changing those out. I put in new 800cca batteries as the 6TL’s weren’t holding a charge, however the drivers alternator is not putting enough volts so I will be getting it rebuilt. I replaced the GPs with Wellman 70’s from SSDiesel.

There are 3 rust areas; one spot in the drivers door frame, one above the passengers’ door frame and the passengers inner front fender (I will include a good one from my parts truck). Paint is in fairshape and there isn’t any major dent. All the glass is there; tailgate glass operates just fine and locks too. Door locks are working as well.

There are no leaks; I flushed out the coolant and changed the oil. Topped off the brake fluid, PS fluid and trans.

I have taken some pictures of it, which can be found here:
http://www.iamforeverme.com/photos/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=896

If you are interested in purchasing this from me, PM me.

-graham

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks