• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another 923 in AR

Breach27

This a pic of my 923. I bought yesterday at 1600 hours via Ebay and 10 hours, just shy 500 miles, several cups of coffee, a couple microwave burritos i had the truck home. i purchased the truck from Bruno Powersports in Cabot AR. Great group of people. The truck looks brand new. Does not appear anyone has ever walked in the bed after it was painted. Seats, Id plates, warning plates, tires, lights, reflectors, and soft top appear to be brand new. This truck came from the Little Rock Air Force base just a few weeks ago. Very nice truck. In fact I am getting ready to sell the deuce and just stick with the 5 ton.

Attachments

ARYankee

Nice! I was watching the auction when it was on GL and then I saw it pop up on EBay and started watching it there. I've been stalking it I guess :) Congrats on the 5 ton!!!! Are you driving it to the Convoy in May? It's nice to see more 939 series in Arkansas but there went my uniqueness. :( Oh well. We may just be able to over come the jeeps :) Bwahahahaha!! We have a 5 ton group on Facebook in case you are on there or interested. PM me if so.

Breach27

It'll be there, I'm looking forward to it. As far a uniqueness we are still good, I'm leaving it tan and on the duals. You should be good. LMAO.. Pm sent ref FB.

ARYankee

It's all good :) I was the only 923 at the convoy last year and I think at Petit Jean too. Actually, it will be nice to see some more out there. I look forward to seeing you there. I know they have some fairly big plans for it this year. I think that I'm going to try and gather the troops for a dinner meet on that Friday. We did that last year with a nice turn out. If you ever need any help or have some questions, holler.

BillMc

Breach27, congrats on the new ride. ARYankee, I will PM you to find out FB. Tell me about this convoy. I'm new here on SS but have seen some of your posts and have been meaning to ask you about the Arkansas Military Motor Pool.

ARYankee

Breach27, congrats on the new ride. ARYankee, I will PM you to find out FB. Tell me about this convoy. I'm new here on SS but have seen some of your posts and have been meaning to ask you about the Arkansas Military Motor Pool.
Well, first off, welcome to the site!!! Glad to see another fellow Arkansan on here :) Here is the thread with the info about the convoy: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...d-Ballin-Through-the-River-Valley-May-11-2013
It is a fun convoy. Last year was the first year that I participated. My kids and I had a blast!
It is sponsored by the Arkansas MVPA, which is an OK club but, honestly, I wouldn't waste the money to join. You can still be apart of their activities even if you aren't a member and I would rather spend my money on my national MVPA membership than both or even just theirs. Anyways, the Arkansas Military Motor Pool is a slowly progressing club that I have been putting together since about 2009/2010. It is free to join. I can explain it all to you at some point in time in the future, I don't want to hyjack this thread anymore than I have to. :) PM reply inbound.