• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Appel bobbed M925

Tornadogt

You really do a great job on the bobbers......... the spacer (M105 trailer frame?) you add between the bed and frame make all the dimensions look right......

I have a few questions??? It would appear that this one started life as a tractor M932A1?? Did you have to shorten the frame any??
looks like 5 Ton front springs on the back?
And what about driveshaft (transfer-case to rear axle) custom or stock m923??

Another Great Truck out of your stables.....

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
It was a tractor,I did not cut the frame.5 ton front springs on back,I had the driveshaft lenthened.I like to use the 105 frame for a spacer,it keeps the body lines.Thanks.

61sleepercab

Neat looking combination. If I can get "Sandy the M925 " (tan colored 1983 AM General with winch) from Indianapolis Lot to West Virginia ,you are giving me ideas.

I have a 1968 M49A2C dressed as a M35A2 as well who will be spared the cutting torch and arc welder.

You really make the Bobber look factory made.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice work John, that gets me thinking about modding one of my M931A1. About how many man hours do you got in it?

mendo

I know it would take a lot of work, and if the rear fender openings were lengthened a bit to match the fronts it would look good. That is a very nice Truck there!

bigboy44

I know it would take a lot of work, and if the rear fender openings were lengthened a bit to match the fronts it would look good. That is a very nice Truck there!
Yes I just measured my bed and the truck, it looks like there is 6 inches of wheel exposed outside the fender!

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Mud flaps would look better,Customer didnt ask for them.I have about 40 hours including painting it.I used a hand drill for the holes.I just got a engine for the M548.

DozertheBandit

I am currently in the market for a Deuce and a half...

I like the the ones with a winch that is stock. I am planning on doing the "bobbing" myself. Thanks for the pictures for ideas.
M925 is the one that I have my eyes on....

bandit.dozer@gmail.com

if you have any suggestions on which one to look at.

Thanks,

Dozer

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks