• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Aussie goat rescued

Aussiecowboy

A long time between updates but I have been very busy on the goat. I stripped all the hubs and pulled the driveshafts, it's easy to tell which nipples are hard to grease, those ones were all dry. I had to replace some unis and bearings, I managed to source these locally but they were very expensive. After much research I got almost all of the seals locally too, except for the large bearing seals, most were OK to use again but I'm still chasing two of these if anyone can help out, even second hand ones would be OK, the damaged bearing wiped out the two on that hub.

I had my first drive today, a very slow drive (see my other thread). The bad news is that my transfer case seems to be trashed, it's ok under acceleration but back off the throttle and it makes horrible, horrible noises and both the input and output shafts have slop in them. Are there still any NOS transfers cases out there?

m38inmaine

I have these 3 seals taken out, the large one is what I call the wiper seal, and the inner and outer bearing seal. The inner seal has a few spots where I had to use a punch to get it off as it's driven on the end of the spindle. I'm sure you can flatten it back out. The rubber is all soft and they should work fine. Any other small parts I could fit in the same package let me know and will see if I have them.

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turns out I had a couple of lift shackles thrown in the corner. They're yours for the cost of shipping. PM me your address.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks