• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Aussie goat rescued

Another Ahab

I must have angered the goat gods by saying that everything was going smoothly, the installation didn't so much. I pulled the box again and drove a spare stud through all the holes with a hammer, dropped the box back in and it slid easily and readily into place. All this took about 4 hours but problems aside I thoroughly enjoyed the job. Just need to add some oil now and test drive, stay tuned......
Glad it all went okay in the end. That's a good thing. :grd:

And the goat gods? They're a testy lot, not much you can ever do about that.

Last edited:

Aussiecowboy

I'm writing this as a very happy bunny, I took the goat for a test drive today, about 10 miles all up. Oil pressure was good, temp got to about 180 and never moved (close to 100 degrees here today), everything was smooth and normal. I did some offroad driving in low range 6x6, some high speed roads, some corners and it was flawless, behaved perfectly. The brakes are pretty goood too. This is what I had in mind when I got into goat ownership. I fixed the issue with earth/lights, she's about ready for inspection and license plates. I'll fail inspection due to tyres though, the search for tyres continues......... help?

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Congratulations on getting the goat running after all your work.

I bet it was a fantastic feeling to get to drive it with confidence, are you going to put 'club' plates on it as its an historic vehicle?

I hope you take some video of the goat for us.

Aussie.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Hey Aussiecowboy, I'll be going out north of Charlton-Wycheproof tomorrow pretty much west of kerang.

Can't wait till you get that final hurdle out of the way then maybe we can take the toys out to play.

After all the work you've done you deserve some playtime.

Aussie.

Aussiecowboy

G'day everyone,....

Hey Aussiecowboy, I'll be going out north of Charlton-Wycheproof tomorrow pretty much west of kerang.

Can't wait till you get that final hurdle out of the way then maybe we can take the toys out to play.

After all the work you've done you deserve some playtime.

Aussie.
I'll look forward to it mate, it's such a hoot to drive, I'm looking forward to getting some miles on it, especially offroad. Nice to have a deuce for company too, big enough to tow me home if it breaks! In the meantime, I can always come and play some time in another vehicle, power wagon, champ, blitz........ centurion.

combat32

I learned to drive a Danish Centurion back in the late 80's in Germany. It had a build plate in drivers hole dated 1945, it still had the Rolls Royce merlin engine, it was a hoot to drive.

I'm writing this as a very happy bunny, I took the goat for a test drive today, about 10 miles all up. Oil pressure was good, temp got to about 180 and never moved (close to 100 degrees here today), everything was smooth and normal. I did some offroad driving in low range 6x6, some high speed roads, some corners and it was flawless, behaved perfectly. The brakes are pretty goood too. This is what I had in mind when I got into goat ownership. I fixed the issue with earth/lights, she's about ready for inspection and license plates. I'll fail inspection due to tyres though, the search for tyres continues......... help?

Glad to hear she's up and running mate, feel free to borrow my tyres for the roadworthy, they're in reasonable nick.... Of course getting them may be a trick...

Spock

Aussiecowboy

Glad to hear she's up and running mate, feel free to borrow my tyres for the roadworthy, they're in reasonable nick.... Of course getting them may be a trick...

Spock
I appreciate the offer mate, probably not much point registering it though if I can't drive it afterwards. I have found a guy in Utah with lots of tyres, getting them from there to California for shipping is proving to be a problem however.

Another Ahab

I appreciate the offer mate, probably not much point registering it though if I can't drive it afterwards. I have found a guy in Utah with lots of tyres, getting them from there to California for shipping is proving to be a problem however.
A number of moving companies now take "piggy-back" contracts to fill up their trucks in house moves between one city and another.

You might google "moving companies" for the area in Utah where you found the tires, and see if you can't find somebody in that area to quote you the pick-up and drop-off.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A number of moving companies now take "piggy-back" contracts to fill up their trucks in house moves between one city and another.You might google "moving companies" for the area in Utah where you found the tires, and see if you can't find somebody in that area to quote you the pick-up and drop-off.
I've done that a lot, moving equipment around the country. I've mostly used Mayflower, but I suspect almost all of them will do it. I have saved a lot of money shipping things when I have done this. They like a full van and even a little revenue for the space is better than nothing. If the move is between large cities, scheduling is not an issue.

I've done that a lot, moving equipment around the country. I've mostly used Mayflower, but I suspect almost all of them will do it. I have saved a lot of money shipping things when I have done this. They like a full van and even a little revenue for the space is better than nothing. If the move is between large cities, scheduling is not an issue.
Works in Oz too, back loading and the like, it's how my Goat got to Brisbane from Orange. There's a couple of websites dedicated to it.

Spock

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks