• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Batt box mod

Bill W

My 6TN's finally died so I went and replaced them with a pair of group 65 Batts (1000ca each ) so instead of just shimming them in with 2x4's like I did on my last deuce, I went a bit more secure setup this time ( and added a master switch ).

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks real nice.

Bill W

More a curiosity(always lookin to learn) why did you switch the negative instead of the positive?
Eagle
With DC current it does not matter which post ( +/- ) you put the cutoff switch ( ac current is a different story ).

Thanks for the compliments guys
I always like posting/seeing pic's as it seems to explain alot more/better than just reading about it.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That is awesome Bill!

Anybody who saw your truck in October wouldn't be surprised though..........................

eagle4g63

Thanks Bill, good to know. I mostly work on houses so I deal more with ac and just figured it would be the same for dc.....like they say learn something new every day!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
nice mod. putting the cutoff switch there is easier than mounting in the cab...which I did.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eagle
With DC current it does not matter which post ( +/- ) you put the cutoff switch ( ac current is a different story ).

Thanks for the compliments guys
I always like posting/seeing pic's as it seems to explain alot more/better than just reading about it.

On a vehicle, it is better to disconnect the negative side.

A couple things to consider are, when you add any wiring, it's better to add it on the negative side for less chance of a shorting failure(to chassis).

There is much more "ground" or chassis, than there is positive circuit wiring(more potential to short out, is eliminated).

Not as important, but still a factor, DC electricity does flow from negative to positive.

Look at sanctioning bodies of motor-sports, They almost always specify to cut off the neg side.

In industrial equipment, it's also the standard.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks