• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Deuce build...

southernsmoker

Well I finally got around to starting on my 73' AM General. I'm about 2.5 weeks in to it (just working evenings) and finally got the front back on rubber tonight. Still got to lift the back, fab the 4" exhaust, replace e-brake cable, get radiator fixed, get longer brake lines, shorten drivelines, etc, etc. I figure I am 1/4 of the way finished. Man she's tall!!!

Attachments

southernsmoker

Yeah the pics aren't the greatest. Camera phone. Not been working right this week. Keeping the LDT in it and turning the screws to it a little after I get a pyro. It's the stopping that I'm more concerned with..

southernsmoker

I hope to install power steering later on in the winter or spring. Just trying to get the truck drivable again before the winter.

southernsmoker

The tires are Michelin 16r20's on modified FMTV wheels. I used 8" drop hanger brackets in front and the trailer subframe with lift blocks in the rear. I have drop brackets for the rear also but I just don't have enough time to put them in at the moment as I have to get the truck rolling again before I move in to my new home. I am going to set the bed back off this evening and cut the frame and then I will get back to finishing up the front of the truck.

hawkeyepoole

Can't wait for some video of you rolling down the road with those wicked huge tires! You'll look down on me in my deuce like I look down at the 3500 series trucks!

Keep us updated! Nice!!:beer:

southernsmoker

I just got finished cutting the frame a few minutes ago. I cut it short for factory bumper and hitch. I'm going to grind it smooth tomorrow night and work on getting the hitch put back on and then bolt the bed down. The truck is close to a test drive after I get the steer arm completed. Stay tuned!

southernsmoker

Patience, gentlemen. I haven't been able to work on it this past week any. I'm going to put it back in the garage in the morning. The truck has one brake working for the moment. I've got a little ways to go before video time. I'm trying to track down a suitable power steering gear at the moment. I'm just not man enough to turn those big tires with Armstrong steering.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks