• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Deuce that wont start...but does crank...

BlizzardX23

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've been on here! Unfortunately, it's been a while since I drove the truck...over 1 yr ago...it's been sitting on the side of my house.

A year ago, I started the truck up just fine...drove to the dump to get rid of some stuff...turned truck off...it wouldn't start after that.

I had a flatbed tow me home...since then, it has sat on the side of the house because I haven't had time to dig into it.

Now I'm here...trying to figure out the problem...using the search function...reading other peoples posts...

I turn the truck on, I hear my pump working.

Disconnected the fuel line underneath the radiator (driver side)...fuel is coming through when cranking.
From here, I'm not in the trouble shooting process...

Any help would GREATLY be appreciated! I will post pics and updates...and continue to search and read the other similar threads!

Thank you in advance!

- Chris

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Change the fuel filters, all of them. Bleed the air out of the secondaries and see what happens.

BlizzardX23

I'll get new filters.

The truck doesn't even try to start though...I understand old/bad filters are an issue...but the truck started up just fine...drove it...turned it off, and couldn't get it started again since then...

I'm scared as heck that it might be the injection pump...I don't have a $1,000 to drop on that...

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are trying to give you the cheap stuff to look at and try first.

BlizzardX23

2moro, my buddy is going into work for a few hours and he's going to see if he has Baldwin filters for replacement. Hopefully he does...it'll be cheaper that way.

I'll get new filters put on, bleed the air out...then down the checklist I'll go...starting with the fuel lines to see if I have fuel making it to the injectors =/

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pull the cover off the fuel shutoff and make sure the lever moves freely.

BlizzardX23

Nope...It hasn't ran in over a year...I took the filters out last night...My buddy ordered the filters through his work..

2) Oil filters
2) 2nd Fuel filters
1) Primary Fuel Filter
1) Air filter

All Baldwin brand... $50.00 total. I'll pick them up Monday...I hate playing the waiting game...especially since that might not be the problem

brianp454

You should have a bleeder valve on the secondary filter housing. The steps in checking fuel should go something like 1) primary filter (you've done this), 2) secondary filters, and 3) injectors. Have you done 2 and 3? If so what did you find?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks