• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Deuce that wont start...but does crank...

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
[QUOTE=3rdaavbn Meaning the cable did not push it back into the open position the last time you shut the engine down and pushed the knob back in.

Just to keep things straight the shut down cable will only pull the fuel control backwards or shut down. Once the shut down cable is pushed back in or run it has no contact with the fuel control. This is why we allways ask that the shutdown cover be taken off first as it is quick and easy check for a no fuel problem. If your lucky it's the problem if not have a beer and get too work, fix the truck. Thanks

BlizzardX23

Hey guys...got all the filters installed...I'm trying to fix the fuel cutoff...it has always been sticky...after killing the engine, it sometimes would not start because the fuel cutoff was stuck...the rod binds off through the nut...I've known how to deal with that for a long time..just open the side engine door, and push the rod back in, then it fires right up.

but....since I have stuff taken apart...I'm trying to clean it up and free it up...I wanna get the rod out from the nut so I can figure out why it's binding...it would only take the slightest bend in order for it to bind up...I'm trying to figure out how to get that set pin out...then I'll button everything back up and see how it runs

63bravo

try a shot of starting fluid when cranking if starts or it most likely the injector pump, and is there any smoke from the stack when cranking, does it have a kiser shut down system ,what engine are you running ?

BlizzardX23

To be honest, I don't know what the issue was....I changed all fuel filters with fresh fuel in them, was able to bleed the system...got her running...but also found a leaking fuel line....it's squirting fuel onto the 2nd filter housings while the engine is running...but not while the engine is off...so I'll take it to work, and get a new line.

Probably a mix between bad filters and losing prime. The tank was pretty low of fuel...but I put another 5 gallons in it before driving it to the gas station...I'm going to go with losing prime though

BlizzardX23

A big shout out and thank you to everyone that commented! Help like yours is awesome!! Thanks again! :D

It's funny...I forgot how much attention this truck gets...the 1 mile distance to the gas station, soooo many people were taking pics...and talking to me at stop lights and the gas station...and Jack In The Box...hahah
Sometimes, I wanna just walk into the place to get my food and get out....but...gotta be polite when people wanna chat...it's a fun truck...can't get upset by other people enjoying it too :)

ATPTac

A big shout out and thank you to everyone that commented! Help like yours is awesome!! Thanks again! :D

It's funny...I forgot how much attention this truck gets...the 1 mile distance to the gas station, soooo many people were taking pics...and talking to me at stop lights and the gas station...and Jack In The Box...hahah
Sometimes, I wanna just walk into the place to get my food and get out....but...gotta be polite when people wanna chat...it's a fun truck...can't get upset by other people enjoying it too :)
It really is funny/cool how much attention these trucks grab. I was driving ours helping my mom move last week and had people flashing their headlights at me, lots of staring, and there was a guy on a moped that gave me a rather extravagant salute. I took my father in law out for a ride in it before that, and we stopped a gas station to grab a drink. There was a lady pumping gas that kind of freaked out when we pulled in the parking lot, got in her car real quick and stared until the pump was done then quickly got out to put the nozzle back and got in her car and left :confused:. No clue what that was about.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks