• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another E-Brake Question

Loose Deuce

I'm going to replace my E-Brake shoe's, springs and Drum because they have been sevearly abused and I helped do some of it by forgetting to release the e-brake when I would drive it around when I first got the truck, they were almost gone when I got it. My question is what do I have to change out to go with the better e-brake handle, the one with the adjustment screw knob on the end ? I know I will have to change the handle and mount inside the cab and maybe cable ? Can I use the same e-brake assembly at the shoe & drum end ??????? :?

I have the handle that you squeeze to set or release and I dont like the way the cable hooks to it, plus if you pull it enough the dang thing starts bending in the middle, so I want to up-grade. 8) 8) :lol:

Loose Deuce

Anyone know what it will take ? From what I've seen in a manual, its hasn't been real clear. I may not have found the right manual that shows what I need.

mhb285

I just did the cable and everything in the cab and the cable. The pads and drums appear OK. TM 9-2320-361-20, Section 8 is the ticket. You should be able to find it in the download section here.
I got everything from Memphis. Make sure you tell them what your doing and what you want. They got it.
Good luck.
Mike

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Handle and cable assy is required for the changeover. All of the remaining parts are the same.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This reminds me. I think a kit was made to add a warning for the e-brake. It can also be a do it yourself project. My old M35A2 that WCJIV now has was retrofitted with a low air warning light on the extreme left side of the dash. This was wired to a brake light switch from the M151. The switch is a lever type and was bolted under the e-brake handle. Any time the handle was lifted, the brake light switch would connect and that light would come on. Attached is a pic of that dash taken right after I got the truck. (Have a seat Walter)

Attachments

WCJIV

Kenny, someone did a good job fixing it up( I assume you ) I will post some pics next week as I have been doing alot of work on the old deuce. Hopefully my airomatic wll be working. I am putting on my new gas tank as well that I got NOS from TNJ Murray. Paint is about 75% done.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't wait to see it Walter! Yeah, I take the credit for fixing her up a bit. That was quite a few years ago and I'm smarter now. I still don't have the patience to do a frame up but don't mind rolling restos.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks