• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another "fuel pump" question and a smoked $150 (I think) replacement pump

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

So a few weeks ago my 802a ran out of diesel. After topping it off and cranking forever, I looked at the fuel filters, The were dry so I applied 24v directly to the transfer pump inside the side door above the battery. It did not move any fuel so I ordered a NOA Faucet square replacement. After plumbing/wiring it in, my filters remained dry. I found that applying 24v to it would throw the plunger one time. So I primed the entire system by repeatedly tapping 24 volts to the pump lead. The generator ran for a couple minutes then ran dry. My memory of this pump is that it should run continuously and make noise when 24v is applied? Does this sound like a bad pump and is there a better pump available? Thank sin advance!

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes it does sound bad. The pump runs continuously. I have used this pump with success: https://www.amazon.com/Airtex-E8131-Universal-Electric-Fuel/dp/B0027I1N0Y in both primary and auxiliary positions. You will need to just add your own connector.

You might also want to check your tank to make sure there are no floating obstructions blocking your inlet under negative pressure.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sometimes tank trash doesnt show until after the system has been sucking for a bit. The offending frag can get sucked to the fuel source and plug it, only to dislodge when vacuum is removed. If you get a different functioning pump in place and you still find flow issues, look there and for any collapsing fuel lines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks