• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Journey Complete

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before everybody posts the Where's the pics thingy, I have none. Today the little guy and I went to JAX to pick up a winch. Made the trek without problems and loaded the winch in the back of my pickup. The 5 ton truck winches are pretty big compared to the bed of a truck. Anyway while conversing with the seller the subject of deuce wreckers came up. After comparing notes, he told me that he knows of one at a tow company in the area. Turns out it was only a few miles off the beaten path so I went in search. Low & behold, I followed his directions and came face to face with another M108. I was hoping to find an M60 but the odds were against me for sure. The truck has been sitting for a while and its on a main road so I'm sure plenty of folk have tried to buy it. There are a few mods but most appear to be reversible. Its still a gasser and mostly complete. The cab sheet metal is poor but the bed looks pretty decent. I'll be calling on this one to see if it is for same and checking the asking price. Is one person allowed to have 2 M108 cranes?

M35guy

You might just have to use two to do something really cool, like perhaps some kind of "truck pull" or perhaps a crazy stunt and you get one stuck and need the second to pull the first one out.

FSBruva

Well, you could leave one as a gasser, as you mentioned it had a neat sound. The other would be the multi, and Soldier B could help you on recovery missions!!!

Matt

CGarbee

We frequently use two cranes to set bridge girders on projects (more often than we can use a single crane). Each crane hooks up to one end and we do a dance with them until the things are in place.... Get a second wrecker and we can demo at a show...
Good luck!