• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another leaking hydraulic head

Woodsplinter

Well I was never able to fab or find a copper washer that would work, but after removing and reinstalling the screw a few times, it stopped leaking- for now anyway... go figure

hangfire

Just in case the leak starts again, simply order up a can of leak-ender 2000 as seen on TV.

Really hope you got it fixed but I could not resist the suggestion

bugwugger

I too am currently experiencing this issue. Pulled the 12 point to find it has a visible crack from the weep hole to the edge of the bolt. Major fuel leak above 1500rpm but no leaking at idle. Im in need of a replacement 12 point bolt for this. Any help locating would be appreciated.

dmetalmiki

You know what?..In my (Too(Many)) years of experience...After ANY fix..IF the leak is non apparent, LEAVE WELL ALONE!
Don't undo and re-do old components.
I have done those plugs in the past, and cured minuscule leaks by using the correct tool and torquing them up.
(On other peoples trucks at events etc.).
jus' my 1/2 p'enneth.

bugwugger

Unfortunately @dmetalmiki after removing the bolt I can see that it's cracked along the threads into the weep hole and back to the head. It's interesting to see multiple people have had this issue and with no luck have I found a replacement. Purchasing a new hydraulic head for a special bolt is ridiculous 😖

ToddJK

Unfortunately @dmetalmiki after removing the bolt I can see that it's cracked along the threads into the weep hole and back to the head. It's interesting to see multiple people have had this issue and with no luck have I found a replacement. Purchasing a new hydraulic head for a special bolt is ridiculous 😖
Just shoot an email to the military surplus vehicle dealers like Tnj Murray and Memphis equipment. That's how I got mine. $15-25 for one plus shipping.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks