• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another LMTV RV Build

BuiltMFG

Couple updates, Been working on the interior dash and the switch panel that is on top of the AC. I also had a lot of the exterior parts powder-coated... It doesn't look like much be it's been a lot of weekends so far.
IMG_0325.jpgIMG_0331.jpgIMG_0344.jpgIMG_0356.jpgIMG_0358.jpg

BuiltMFG

Not much to report on outside of getting a metal grill, powder-coating it and updating the number plate. Been applying dynomat to the interior and working on cutting some shades to size so it's not as blistering hot in the cab as summer approaches. Still working on figuring out the bend in the fenders.

IMG_0726.jpg

Other stuff sitting around that i haven't gotten around to:
- New tires
- AC system
- air dryer
- rear sway bar bushings
- new mirrors/brackets

Quick question, when it comes to dry-rotted hoses. where do you guys start. They all look like they need to be replaced... but what an undertaking.

Last edited:

DJTC

How is your camper box going? That is one of the best looking camper boxes I've seen - esp the way it seems to integrate with the LMTV instead of just sitting 6 feet in the air on top of the frame. Do you think that will actually work?

BuiltMFG

How is your camper box going? That is one of the best looking camper boxes I've seen - esp the way it seems to integrate with the LMTV instead of just sitting 6 feet in the air on top of the frame. Do you think that will actually work?
Still working on the cab. AC will get installed around thanksgiving. Then starting on the subframe. So the short answer is no.

I have to make it work. I’m 6’4 so even if i wanted to put a HiLo on it the max height is 6’2. So i can’t even short-cut it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJTC

Cool. I will subscribe to this thread in the hopes that you post here when you actually get around to it (I'm in no rush!). I'm 6'5" and while I would love an Earthcruiser, the bed being 77" long just doesn't really work, so a custom build like this is probably what I'm looking at.

Good luck!

BuiltMFG

Cool. I will subscribe to this thread in the hopes that you post here when you actually get around to it (I'm in no rush!). I'm 6'5" and while I would love an Earthcruiser, the bed being 77" long just doesn't really work, so a custom build like this is probably what I'm looking at.
Good luck!
I post more on the blog than anything. I will post major portions here... I am trying not to post every little tiny thing here now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks