• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another lmtv that won’t start

ghog50cal

So I wired the push button open and am getting 24 too the top and bottom of the aux relay on the frame when it’s off there’s no voltage too the top or bottom

Ronmar

Well voltage down there means the wire is allowing a circuit from K1 to the aux relay, but remember you didnt get a path to ground from K1-87, so I would say the wire from the aux relay to ground is not making a circuit.

on the older trucks they had a thermal sw in the starter that they ran the aux relay connection to ground thru. It plugs into the front of the starter. On starters without the thermal sw, they put a jumper in the plug that would normally plug into the starter. I would look for that plug next to make sure it is either plugged in or jumpered…

Ronmar

Well you need to unplug it and make sure
One side had a circuit to ground and the other side a circuit to the aux relay. If you still have your test jumper on the start button you should see the same 24v you saw on the aux coil wires on one wire into that plug.

then you need to see that the switch inside the starter has a circuit. You can also put a jumper in that plug to simulate the thermal sw and see if the aux relay energizes/starter cranks…

ghog50cal

So the thermal switch has power when I jump the thermal switch the truck starts right up

there’s jumper wires everywhere lol

I removed the jumper wires from the switch in the cab and hooked it back up too the button with the thermal switch jumped it starts right up

the only thing is I never found the short in the cab other than just moving wires around too get power too k1 so this truck has a gremlin in it 😩

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks