• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ANOTHER "look-what-followed-me-home" story . . . .

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last I heard the asking price for the M342A2 w/w was $6500. If I had dufflebag of Jacksons, I'd buy it.

rizzo

CCATLETT1984 said:
Rizzo, what happened with your m1008
nothing, I didn't have a soldier B to drive it home. It was late at night, I was using the semi to haul water for my bog and that is the way things worked out.

EastCoastKaiser

Thanks for sharing the videos. I must of watched them 1/2 a dozen time s before I noticed all my co-workers huddled up behind me in my cube. "What the hell is he gonna do with that?" I couldn't explain, they just wouldn't get it. Way cool!

guardguy

Pulling deuce with towbar

Did I see a driver in the towed vehicle in the 1st video? I am using a towbar to pull a deuce home with a deuce this weekend and didn't expect to need that. In fact I assumed it would be dangerous.

Nice rides by the way!
mk

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Pulling deuce with towbar

guardguy, you did see a driver in there. While its not always necessary, sometimes its a benefit. The deuce in tow will have a tendency to turn the worng way when making sharp turns IE right turns. If this happens you need to jump out and run back to correct this. Takes a few seconds but then you're on your way. Other than that the deuce will tow pretty good with the towbar.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Having "soldier B" in the towed truck worked well for us in that rescue mission. We had a relatively short trip, but there were several sharp turns at intersections along part of the route through a small town. Make sure you tell "soldier B" to keep his thumbs on the OUTSIDE of the steering wheel - just in case.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is such a great thread I had to bump it back to the top. Jeff, love hearing the little one saying "Daddy" when he sees the army trucks. Great stuff!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks