• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

another M1028a2

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one in pieces might be for sale soon . . . Got the new one to run today, all it needed was 2 good batteries and some cleaned up battery terminals. I think the description of the truck was wrong in a good way for once. It was supposed to have bad tires and a bad trans. Has 6 very good non dry rotted tires and I drove it to the gas station and back, trans good so far. Every squirell gets a nut some time I guess.

Attachments

WARWAG

Had time to find the steering box in the back, a bent door, batteries, a hood, plastic gas tank, a soft top for a convertible deuce?, troop seats (shot), scrap iron, split rim wheels, will look tomorrow maybe those magical unbent driveshafts will be in there too! (probably not). Any one know what this gas tank is for?

It might be one of the second fuel tanks for passenger side.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one in pieces might be for sale soon . . . Got the new one to run today, all it needed was 2 good batteries and some cleaned up battery terminals. I think the description of the truck was wrong in a good way for once. It was supposed to have bad tires and a bad trans. Has 6 very good non dry rotted tires and I drove it to the gas station and back, trans good so far. Every squirell gets a nut some time I guess.
Just noticed today that it got a new engine in 2005, sticker still on a nice clean engine, part # 2815-01-278-5725.

Just don't have time to play with this one yet . . .

Attachments

Last edited:

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sold the 54 mile dually to a young guy not too far away. The guy was real excited to get it, has a rusted out M1008 for parts and is talking Cummins transplant . . . It was nice to have 3 M1028A2s for a while but you can't keep everything . . . Putting most of it back together kept me out of trouble for a while, on to the next one. Got to take a trip to Jim Thorpe for the bed (Penn Forest fire Company to be exact), half the fun is scrounging the parts!

Attachments