• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M211 saved from the Scapper

scjarena

LOL about the trailer. Long story, but we actually talked the guy hauling it the scrap yard to deliver it to my place. I will have to post the pics of the truck pulling this trailer, but it was a small Mazda truck. I found out later the guy had a bet with somebody else that he could get this truck to Houston, about 30 miles away with this trailer and truck.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. Your GMC looks like it has lots of potential. Post up all the parts you need, Looks like the gas tank is gone.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That truck looks pretty straight and solid.

That trailer looks like an F-14 trying to land on a canoe.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, these are "comin out of the woods" aren't they? Well, we'll see if the one I posted about is in as good of shape or what when I go up there this weekend. Shame they are "worth" more as scrap than as a complete MV. I got a suggestion of parting it out, but where does one store a "parts vehicle"? LOL Have a great adventure with your truck, and wish me luck with the one I found. :)
God bless!
Tony:)

Gunfreak25

I don't think these trucks are necessarily "coming out of the woods" or showing up anymore often than they did, say 5 or even 10 years ago. I think it's due to the popularity of the trucks currently being sold at liquidation and how forums like SS and G503 (to name a couple) have grown over the past few years that bring in people from all over the country to read about, buy, collect, build, and pass on information to others about Military Vehicles. I was bitten by the green bug about a year ago after I just googled "US Military Trucks" for the heck of it. I came accross pictures of M35A2's and before I knew it I was googling "M35A2 for sale". A year later I now know more than I could have ever dreamed of about MV's and even have a deuce I can call my own.

woodywood

Private
if i even thought about putting something that big on my trailer and pulling it down the road the highway men would be sitting down the road waiting like wolves!

Mastertech

hey nice truck I have a simiular story and pics about when we recovered my truck but the trailer did have 3 axles althought the tires were very under rated for the job we got it home and its operational now (for the most part) But hey the important part is that another truck saved, just gotta love these old ladies dont we. so have fun with it. and keep us informed. and again NICE TRUCK.

scjarena

Truck looks pretty complete except a few things. I do have the gas tank, they took it off to get the truck on the trailer, along with torching the outer wheels (dumbazzs). It is basically missing the distributor, generator, mirrors, and one windshield. I got extra doors though.

First thing I want to do is see if the engine and trans are any good. I don't want to pay a lot for the distributor unless I know the engine is good. I heard a distributor from a civilian 1950-1951 GM truck will work. Is this true? I don't know if it would need to be a 236 or 302 six though. I would only do this to test out the engine and I would just wire it independent of the 24V system.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since links to pictures tend to die on these posts, here are the pictures so we don't get the dreaded "item not found" later. :wink:

And in the poster's defense, someone else hauled the truck, he nabbed it short of the scrapper and had it dropped at his place!

Cheers

Attachments

M215

Nice truck and great save!
Looks like the bed is too long, could it belong to an M36? The GMCs only came with 12' beds, same bed used on the M35. The civy distributor should work off any early GMC in line 6.

Let us known if you need any help.
Karl

Gunfreak25

Yes, odd looking cargo bed. Looks about the right length, maybe it's the missing duals on the rear that make it look longer?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks