• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M35A2 Tractor Conversion With A Major LDT-465-1C mods

augiedoggy

Fred, very sorry about you health problems. We wondered why you weren't at the summer rally.
Here is wishing you a full recovery and to get back to work so you can have plenty of money for your toys!
Sidenote, have you heard from Pegasus (Jerry)? We missed him too.

rebelcummins

sorry to hear about your issues. Whats the reason for the airfilter swap? I ever thought an oversized air filter system in a diesel is an advantage.
Witch it is for a stock engine, the air filters for a deuce is only set for a specific CFM plus those filters are designed to filter more than than just fine particulates in the air. So, when you want to get more HP out of a 465 LDT/LDS the filter becomes restrictive due to its designated purpose and design.

rebelcummins

Fred, very sorry about you health problems. We wondered why you weren't at the summer rally.
Here is wishing you a full recovery and to get back to work so you can have plenty of money for your toys!
thanks I'm doing a lot better, Jerry is good, his job is keeping him very busy and he doesn't really have time for much. I tell him you all miss him too.

rebelcummins

How much pressure increase are we talking and should I bother sending in the single hole or get the two hole injectors.
I prefer to use two hole injectors, I have a good used set of injectors I can send them in and have them re poped if you rather buy from me. I don't know what the pressure was increased to I didn't do them.

rebelcummins

Hope to meet up with you at SWB's sometime. I know where you can get tractor parts for your truck semi locally. Maybe JW will see this thread and post up!
I have the engine block for prototyping minus all the good parts. ;-)
Got smoke? Sounds GREAT.
Too bad you are way up in Ohio cause my 275 with LDS might just blow yer doors off.
Any update and pics of the engine build and the small and big secrets
Yes, inquiring minds want to know.
what is this 'secret'???
I hope it's not NAWSE!

Note: That's slang for nitrous oxide.
Yeah, for real!!! I just need help going up hills and not slowing to a crawl,,,lol. Gotta do more with the fuel delivery or something. Can't afford a whistler yet.
I'll just say, if the nucklehead on the dirt bike would have been me you would have wondered, What was that that just flew by? Mud rideing was my specialty, I have gotten older though and the connection between brain and wrist has gained strength.:D
Ok it's been seven months. When are we going to hear something about this.
How much pressure increase are we talking and should I bother sending in the single hole or get the two hole injectors.
sorry to hear about your issues. Whats the reason for the airfilter swap? I ever thought an oversized air filter system in a diesel is an advantage.
Im no longer modifing the deuce multi-fuel, from what i have learnd the injection system cant take it............................ DO NOT GO OVER BOARD LIKE ME, i recently experiance run-a-way...............DIESEL........

I have DE-Tuned mine to save the engine...

Im currently going to 5.9 cummins swap mine, i need info on the clutch and flywheel adapter housing info to mate it to the spicer 3053.

rebelcummins

Have you considered using the nv4500?

I have but, in a ratio and finance situation, it would be more logical to continue using the 3053. Now, if I wanted to obtain more speed and extream power then yes but, I'm only going to bump the 5.9 up to 200 hp 560 TQ. The 3053 will hold 800 ft lb before burning up the syncronizers and possibly busting the main shaft. I'm not honestly going to pull heavy loads or drag race so I really don't want to change the trans. Not that I don't want too its mainly because of time and cost.... Lol.

welldigger

I completely understand. If money wasn't an issue I have always thought an lly/lbz duramax with the allison 1000 would be awesome in a bobber. We can always dream right?

ATPTac

Im no longer modifing the deuce multi-fuel, from what i have learnd the injection system cant take it............................ DO NOT GO OVER BOARD LIKE ME, i recently experiance run-a-way...............DIESEL........

I have DE-Tuned mine to save the engine...

Im currently going to 5.9 cummins swap mine, i need info on the clutch and flywheel adapter housing info to mate it to the spicer 3053.
Were you able to save it or did it pop?

rebelcummins

I know where to get the parts you need but it's also a secret.
Here you go to everyone that wanted to know how to get more hp out of a LDT 465:
advancing the injection pump above tdc. I will tell you it makes a heck of a difference but, your putting your engine at risk. Example:
the engine is putting so much pressure on the injectors and the lines. I just had an injector line explode due to the injector failing from the higher fuel pressure and almost lost the cylinder due to it. Keep it simple, turning the fuel screw up alittle, changing air intake or intercooling it. Trust me, don't advance the pump anymore than it already is. If you want more power then do what I'm doing in the spring. Swapping the engine.. Thanks again, stay tuned to the thread for engine swap up dates.

rebelcummins

Nv4500 max input torque 460 ft-lbs on a stock trans, 14,000 lbs of max towing. Can be upgraded to handle 750+ ft lbs and up to 26,000 lbs of towing.
Spicer 3053a can handle up to 650-800 ft lbs (depending on application and gear ratios) with a 25,000 lb tow rating. This one can be upgraded as well to handle up to 1200 ft lbs of TQ and over 30,000 lbs of towing.

I can adapt a 4bt cummins up to a 400 Big Cam cummins to a 3053 not saying I would use a 400 BC But, I'm not tring to down anyone. No need to get competitive lol. I use my truck to haul wood and scrap metal. I've grossed out at the scales at 31,000 ish pounds, trans was fine but the engine is the trouble. I need info on mounting a 5.9 cummins to a 3053a.

welldigger

Interesting that you can beef up a 3053 to handle that kind of torque. Never really looked too hard into it. I suggested the nv4500 simply because it would work well with and bolt right up to a 6bt. For most people it would probably hold up just fine. Obviously rebelcummins uses his truck a bit harder than most of us lol.

rebelcummins

Interesting that you can beef up a 3053 to handle that kind of torque. Never really looked too hard into it. I suggested the nv4500 simply because it would work well with and bolt right up to a 6bt. For most people it would probably hold up just fine. Obviously rebelcummins uses his truck a bit harder than most of us lol.
Lol I do work mine a lot. Between 1,000-2,000 miles a month. The LDT 465 just can't handle what I do.

Last edited:

welldigger

I fully agree that the multifuel is aneamic at best. A dt466 or a 6bt would my first choices fir a 6x6. On a bobber id use a duramax just to be different.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks