• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M923 Transmission problem...

Reckless

I'm sort of having the same problem as doomsday is below but the twist with mine is, it goes in reverse no matter what gear I have selected! I have checked the arm on the driver side of the transmission and it moves just fine when the selector is moving. The oil smells a little burnt, but planned on dropping the pan and just refilling it completely with ATF.

Hopefully the trans isn't shot, because just swapping the transfer case was a chore!!

Doomsday

Whoa, that's a bit of an issue there Reckless. Hope you get it figured out.....I am gonna do all I can externally before I go dropping my pan to eliminate all those possible issues. good luck with your findings....

91W350

I am betting it is broken or disconnected inside the transmission. I am not sure how that shift lever is connected inside, but I am betting it is slipping and not shifting.

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Having the identical problem with an m35a3. All gears are reverse and the externals appear to be working properly.

Reckless

After tinkering with it today, i have some updates.

With the transfer case in neutral, I can shift into drive (1-5) from neutral and you can hear the motor come under a load.

When shifted from 1-5 to 1-4, the modulator? box (Driver side and cable connects to the throttle) starts to make a buzzing sound.

When the transfer case is in high and the shifter is in reverse, no throttle has to be given for reverse to start pulling itself back, but when in any other gear throttle has to be given a decent amount for it to start moving in reverse. Seems like it just slips into reverse upon the load of the motor, but then again Im not sure.

Again, these are just some things I noticed while tinkering with it today and hopefully someone might have a better idea of whats going on with this info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks