• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another New Collector "Gama Goat" M561

Collinskv

Retired Marine AAV Mechanic
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello, I jumped in with both feet with a (8 years) non running 73 M561 local purchase 1 hour drive from my house in Missouri. Unfortunately sat outside so looking for a few items to get it running and resolve what may not be operational. This Site has already been an extremely helpful repository for the Beginner.

Looking for Parts, I hate eBay and PayPal, prefer to deal direct and potentially use my corporate perk UPS shipping account. Any recommended Vendors, sites or otherwise.

Yes, I've downloaded TM's (and then some elsewhere!), read most of the site rules, have no spares (unfortunately) so no vendor account.

I retired as a USMC Amphibious Assault Vehicle Mechanic, AAV Maintenance Instructor, Basic and Intermediate (not too many in the civilian sector in case someone needed references/TM's) and I also work as a Contractor now upgrading Tactical Vehicles/Equipment (From Home). I've got two young boys, 9 & 11 who will assist me in all thing Gama Goat! I'm hoping to continue with this thread, update with progress and generally teach my sons the joys of making things work. I have a co-worker, who had USMC Gama Goats at Radio BN in the 80's and he's volunteered to fly out and assist if I get bogged.
Thank you for the add!
thumbnail_IMG_0091.jpg

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello, I jumped in with both feet with a (8 years) non running 73 M561 local purchase 1 hour drive from my house in Missouri. Unfortunately sat outside so looking for a few items to get it running and resolve what may not be operational. This Site has already been an extremely helpful repository for the Beginner.

Looking for Parts, I hate eBay and PayPal, prefer to deal direct and potentially use my corporate perk UPS shipping account. Any recommended Vendors, sites or otherwise.

Yes, I've downloaded TM's (and then some elsewhere!), read most of the site rules, have no spares (unfortunately) so no vendor account.

I retired as a USMC Amphibious Assault Vehicle Mechanic, AAV Maintenance Instructor, Basic and Intermediate (not too many in the civilian sector in case someone needed references/TM's) and I also work as a Contractor now upgrading Tactical Vehicles/Equipment (From Home). I've got two young boys, 9 & 11 who will assist me in all thing Gama Goat! I'm hoping to continue with this thread, update with progress and generally teach my sons the joys of making things work. I have a co-worker, who had USMC Gama Goats at Radio BN in the 80's and he's volunteered to fly out and assist if I get bogged.
Thank you for the add!
View attachment 898911
Welcome to the Outfit!

Sounds to me like you have the info you need and experience too. Having your boys help with the restoration will be a nice adventure for sure. Old dad can help them turn the wrenches - and eventually earn the right to drive "the new toy".

Keep us pictured up with your progress and again - welcome to the group!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks