• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another new deuce owner!

tbrenner

Hello, I am a new member and a new deuce owner as well. I've been checking out this forum for a few weeks now. I love it, with all the information, stories, and all the help everyone is willing to give.

I figured it was my time for a new toy. I've wanted one since I was in high school then I joined the National Guard (8 years) and got to drive them a little. Now that I am out of that it was time for my own. I found this one on GL at Camp Ripley. Its about 4 hours from where I live so I hope it isn't to much trouble getting it home. I was not able to look at it before I bid but am hoping for the best. All the listing really says about it is the the batteries are dead so I hope a couple new batteries and some fluids and I can get it on the road. Tell me what you think. Here is the link:

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=1023993

westfolk

Welcome. When you go to get it be prepared to give the axles, etc. oil. Not saying they will be drained. Haven't dealt with that base. Better to be prepared than not. How you getting it home?

ah1955

Another new deuce owner

Congrats, from the GL pics. it looks like a nice truck, the dash is complete and intact,the eng. looks complete, and tires are there?
That unit built rear door in the cargo bed has got to go but at least looks like the bows are there so you have them to but a nice new GMA cover on.
When you start to make your plans to bring her home check the sticky in this forum for the great list of thinks to take with you and don't be afraid to ask questions and tips on what you should look for, this has been gone over before but most don't mind a refresher.
Have fun and enjoy your new toy.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ripley is usually a good place for runners. I bid on some red/white and blue deuce tractors there many years ago but got blown out of the water.

tbrenner

Thanks for all the comments and info. I hope I will be able to drive it home. (fingers crossed) I've done lots of work on other vehicles and am very mechanicaly inclined so I hope with a little bit of luck I can get it on the road. Thanks for the info about the GL rep. maccus. I will be sure to give hime a call.

And yes, that rear door will be the first thing to go!

rdixiemiller

Some bases have to drain all fluids, so be prepared to fill everything up. Then again, you may throw in a pair of betteries and drive home. Wish you luck, if you need anything, just ask. There are members all over the country who will lend a hand.

Hookin1

From the looks of that truck..it belonged to the Fms maintenence group,they raise the bows and put back doors on them so they can walk around inside,it will probably have lights and shelves inside,or remenants of where they where..which means the mechanics drove it....if it's anything like the one fms#6 has down here....they keep it in mechanical exellence..

Welcome to the site.....

deuceman51

I was at camp ripley here in Oct, and they sure had a lot of nice trucks around in the motor pool. I actually was going to bid on the truck you won, but ended up missing the auction and i'm just happy that someone here got it and not a company looking to turn a huge profit. I think you will be fine with it too, just take fresh batteries, fluids, and take your time to check everything out from tire pressures to gear oil levels. I'll even bet it will fire right up for you. Worst case all your out is gas there with your pickup and then you will have to hire a trucking company. You really got a nice looking deuce there. By the way what did the other one go for with the winch and not top bows?

tbrenner

I think the other one at camp ripley went for $3600. That one was also listed as a runner as well. I guess from what I have seen that is a pretty good price.

MN_DEUCE

Hey tbrenner did you pick up your deuce yet, I bid on that truck but then found a local runner that was allready to go.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the family! Looks like you have a great start on your collection. MV's are like Lays chips, you can't have just one!

dmetalmiki

Good luck with that really NICE lookin truck..(goin 2 a good home..and tlc!)..post your efforts/results in getting it home....if you drive it..THATS some..feeling..even when I drove my latest aquisition home...I gotta ..sorta lump....yeah..some of us are pretty..sincerely/dedicated...(pat..pat!..strokes 30 ton TANK TRANSPORTER!!) lol