• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another New Deuce

boogy886

Hello all, I've been lurking for a few weeks now. Reading everything I can in my thirst for knowledge. A lot of great info here, and everyone seems friendly and willing to provide input from past experiences. I've already started bobbing the deuce, I know this isn't the correct forum to talk about that, but that explains the missing bed in one of the pictures. Loving the deuce so far, having an absolute blast with it!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398100527.534138.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1398100545.451096.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1398100558.983555.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1398100571.299962.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1398100579.916626.jpg

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello and looks like you have a nice truck to work with. If it were me I would not cheap out and use 105 spring hangers and I would never try and mount the frame of a 105 to the Deuce frame rails. Have fun and post some pics of your truck when done.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello and looks like you have a nice truck to work with. If it were me I would not cheap out and use 105 spring hangers and I would never try and mount the frame of a 105 to the Deuce frame rails. Have fun and post some pics of your truck when done.
Really, my M105 springs work better than 2 1/2 ton front springs.

Attachments

RAYZER

Hello all, I've been lurking for a few weeks now. Reading everything I can in my thirst for knowledge. A lot of great info here, and everyone seems friendly and willing to provide input from past experiences. I've already started bobbing the deuce, I know this isn't the correct forum to talk about that, but that explains the missing bed in one of the pictures. Loving the deuce so far, having an absolute blast with it!

Nice winch truck! What size tires are those in the pickup bed? What rims are they going on?

phil2968

Rednecks can't cut and weld like that!
I guess marketing those would take a lot of legal positioning. Black Rock does it though.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea Steve you have a lot of work into those hangers and I would not call them stock 105 hangers. What I have seen is some people putting the whole frame of a 105 under the Deuce and this is jury rigging. Then there are the ones who just can't get that 16x20's don't belong on a Deuce and put blocks under the axle with out the correct clamps. Reminds me of the the farm boy who puts big tires on his F150 but it's still a F150.

whiskey357

Banned
looks like a world of time and money to bubbed this thing........When working on it is a 6 pack a opition for this ...as I cant weld to save his soul.....lots of farm out work....I can trust thier work not mone....heheheheh best of luck on this one ...I ended up selling everything and bought a used bob as it works great and I can use it now...

boogy886

Really, my M105 springs work better than 2 1/2 ton front springs.
Steve, I have read your build thread, you do EXCELLENT work! Your fab skills are very impressive. I chose to use the 2.5 ton front springs, simply because the bracket is already made.
Nice winch truck! What size tires are those in the pickup bed? What rims are they going on?
Tires are 1400s. They are going on the stockers for now. I know it's frowned upon, but it will strictly be off road use until I can find some MRAP wheels at a reasonable price. I saw some not too long ago, and decided to pass on them...I regret it big time now!
Good luck with your bobber project! Post pics as you go!
Thanks! And I will take plenty of pics, I hope to have the bob "done" this weekend. I don't think I'll have the time to cut the bed down this weekend, but maybe I'll get lucky...then again, maybe if I don't spend all night at the shop cutting the bed down, I'll get lucky [thumbzup]...so we will have to see

Last edited:

boogy886

Well the bob is done, as soon as I find some more free time I will cut down the bed. Didn't get as many pictures of the progress as I would have liked, but oh well!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398646353.129184.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1398646365.544950.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1398646380.395386.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks