• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another new guy from Michigan.

Dueceownerjoe

I just traded for a M109 that needs some work. I just wanted to introduce myself before I start posting. I will post pics when I find out what I did with my camera.

Joe

67Beast

Welcome, you'll find that there are quite a few members here in Michigan. What part of the state are you in. You'll also find that there are usually quite a few events going on here in MI.

Dueceownerjoe

I'm in south eastern Mi. In the downriver area. I'd like to go to an event, I understand there is alot to learn when you own one a duece.

Hello Bill

kc8sfq

Hey Joe:
Welcome to the site. You need to check out the Michigan Museum of Military Transport and the Great Lakes MVPA. We have a web site (just Google the name) and an event in Grayling the end of this month (Sept 26-27-28 ). It is the BIG one of the year. For insurance reasons you need to be a member, but oddly enough, we can take care of that right there. Feel free to PM me if you like. Bring the 109 if it'll run that far. You'll have a ball.

A later edit. Wow, how'd I get a smiley face in there? I don't think I did that. Even this site knows how much fun we have at Grayling

Dueceownerjoe

No pics yet but I found out that the truck was built in 1977 by AM General. It's a multi fuel truck but it has decals on the engine that say that it has been converted to diesel use only and needs to be converted back. The brakes have a leak somewhere and the fuel system needs to be cleaned out, the diesel fuel in the tank is kind of smelly. It has some rusted through areas on the box and the fenders will have to be replaced eventully. Dispite my mechanical background, I will take all the help I can get. I'm not sure if I should turn the box in to a camper or shorten the truck to a 4x4. One thing is for sure, my wife says" Just get rid of it." I'm sure most of them say that.

derby

I am a little "further down the river" If You need some pointers or parts,let me know I have a little of both.

Dueceownerjoe

derby said:
I am a little "further down the river" If You need some pointers or parts,let me know I have a little of both.
Thanks, I want to get it running soon and may need some advice. I'm trying to read as much as I can before I get started.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me be the first to invite you to the Ga Rally!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks