• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another new guy from NC

nctim

So I've been browsing on and off for a little while, and finally after missing out on what felt like the deal of a lifetime on an m1009 2 days ago aua. I've decided to join, and hopefully acquire one sometime soon!

Smokinyoda

Welcome to the addiction! You might want to also fill in your city under location since NC is a big state. Care to share more info on this deal of a lifetime you mentioned.

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

Welcome from N Florida & get ready to innoculate yourself with the noncurable, "Green Iron Disease." Good luck on your truck!

Don't forget to post some pictures!

nctim

Thanks! Sorry for the late reply, it was an 84 M1009 with 44k miles for 2000$ ran well had a new starter, still 24v. Shifter took a little to shift it from what I've read that's a common issue and can be fixed with some new vaccum lines I believe. It was posted on CL and I had just finished up school, landed a job that I'm just starting next week, was gonna try to borrow some cash, and a guy came right after me with cash in hand ans bought it. No one to blame but myself.I know better than to look on CL without cash in hand. I'm basically in Greensboro NC and thanks yeah I'll update that!

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Welcome from N Georgia, be sure to watch threads about "upcoming events" not sure what's in your area except Denton Farm Park rally just north of Charlotte in April, we had about 40 trucks this year, vendors selling parts and stuff, there's a kitchen trailer (MKT) provides great low cost meals and at night we set around the fire and tell "stories" great time is had by all.

The Georgia Rally is in October and is worth the trek :driver:from Greensboro even if you haven't bought a vehicle by then it is a must show! we had 109 trucks 40? trailers, at least a dozen vendors, a MKT, and mile of trails from mild to wild. anyone who has an empty seat is happy to let you ride along (just offer a little gas money to be nice). and of course we have the "story" fire.

I hear there are some big plans for the rally this year i am counting the days.

Hope to meet up somewhere done the road:beer: