• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another New Guy from Washington

greentowtruck

Hello everyone,

I just stumbled into my first deuce, a 1954 (I was told) m135 cargo with winch. It belonged to one of my dads friends, they used it for hauling firewood. Anyway one day 15 or more years ago it spun a bearing while hauling wood, they towed it back to town then back to the owners house and he started to work on it. he pulled the fenders grill and engine, got another engine then health problems stopped him. so now it sits half disassembled and I traded him an old monte carlo and a 12 volt generator for it.

He says he has all the gaskets for the engine, an extra engine, all the front end parts are in the bed, and a full set of new brake parts. it had new tires at one point shortly before breaking down (will replace those) they also upgraded to a 20k winch, and it comes with a snow plow.

1212141443.jpg

It is rough I know but it really is all there but missing some of its military parts.

this is the only pic I have at the moment, I will get more when I take the car to him and pick up the loose parts, still need to figure out how to get it home. It is a bit big for me to be comfortable hauling it on our gooseneck flatbed with a 1 ton pickup lol.

anyway hello from Washington

Thanks
Matt

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M135

Welcome to Steel Soldiers! Sounds like you've got most of the parts and pieces to build yourself the cadi of deuces.

I'll bet the tall rack meant that truck hauled a fair bit of family warmth over the years. I wonder if the previous owner has any pictures of it working in it's after service life? Always neat to see what they did in the private sector.

The truck looks in good condition from this side and it really won't be long until you're sitting by a pond somewhere wondering what you're buying next.

I really love driving mine. They're actually pretty quick for an inline 6 and easy to handle for a 12,000lb truck. Thanks for saving it and let us know how we can help with the journey.

goose.jpg

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Matt, welcome to the nuthouse!

i hope you post pictures while you reassemble the truck 'cause we like to look at pictures!

Rick

715m29

Hello and welcome from eastern Oregon.
Thanks for the picture, I found a cargo bed like that the other day and didn't know what it came off of.

greentowtruck

Thanks for all the welcomes,
elkhtr it looks like you are a neighbor, only about 30 miles away,

hmmmm your truck looks big enough to tow mine from eastern washington lol..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks