• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another New Guy in MD

bpr1

Im looking to purchase a M35A2 or A3 this comming year and would like to know the major differences between the two other than age and trans. Do you get your moneys worth buying the A3? Is the best place to buy a truck from a company that rebuilds/restores them, an individual, or GL?

Thanks to the verterans......new guy

Nonotagain

Welcome to the fever, green fever that is.

Differences between the M-35 A2 and A3.

A2 has a multi fuel engine, some with and some without turbo, 5 speed manual transmission, manual steering, single cylinder brake system, produced until 1987 or there about. Late versions may or may not have dual cylinder braking systems. Most have NDCC tires and most are dual tired rear wheels. Manufactured by four or five companies during its fourty-year life cycle.

AM General taking three A2 trucks to get enough parts to make two A3’s manufactured the A3. Produced in the 1993-1994 time frame.

Caterpillar 3116 diesel engine, Allison 4 speed automatic transmission, power steering, dual cylinder braking system, CITS (central tire inflation system), super single radial tires (6 tires), drop side bed, and a cab heater. The head lights are mounted on the fenders verses the A2's on the grill.

Last edited:

bpr1

Thanks for the info., Im guessing from a comfort point of view that the A3s are worth the extra $? Are any A3s better than another? Do they make dump kits for the beds? Where do you buy your MV through private parties or GL? Thanks for all of your help!
The new guy

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
WELCOME New Guy!.
I would go with the A3..You will never go back to the A2 after driving a A3...
Just my personal flavor..
Let me know which way you decide to go..
I have 3 M35A3's for sale..8K, 9K & 10K.
All with clean Md titles.
Stop by and check out my 17 A2's...while your at it..
email for pics..Kevin..
decodeme@verizon.net

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There both cool trucks. Maybe you should get one of each. There are several different hoist companies to hook you up. My buddy put a Rugby hoist in and it works great.