• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another newbie from NC

CJ9/Granny

I just got home from attending my first Military Vehicle Event. My wife and I were invited to the VA Rally, and we had a ball. Our calendar is already marked to attend next year's event.

A little bit about me... over 60, Vietnam Vet (USN), happily married to the same woman for 37 years, still like camping in a tent, 4wheeling (Jeep), fishing, etc.

About the handle (username)... I have a 1975 Jeep CJ-5 (trail rig) that has been known by many as Granny for the past 10-15 years. A couple years ago Granny got a frame stretch and was dubbed a CJ-9. Therefore, CJ9/Granny.

Don't own any military vehicles yet, but who knows what the future may bring. :-D

Great site, with a wealth of information!

Tanner

Welcome Granny! Another NC member - woo-hoo!! Hang around long enough & you'll end up with a green vehicle in the driveway & less green in your pocket!

And on a serious note, thank-you for your service to the country!

'Tanner'
Raleigh, NC

CJ9/Granny

Welcome to the family! Glad to have you here.

Thanks to you, and all the others for the welcome!

I'm a bit confused on the "Thanks" button... never seen this feature on a forum before. After sending the "Thanks", am I supposed to remove them or just leave them alone? Since you're the head man, who better to ask. :?:

CGarbee

Great to see you here!
Glad that you could make the rally in Virginia. Looking forward to seeing you at some events here in NC before we see you again up in VA. :)

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site! Riding with you on the mountain and back to camp was fun. Come on down to Clinto's rally at Durhamtown in October if you can! Trails are not as steep (or high), but that Georgia Red Clay can really be slick with just a tad of water on it.

CJ9/Granny

Welcome to the site! Riding with you on the mountain and back to camp was fun. Come on down to Clinto's rally at Durhamtown in October if you can! Trails are not as steep (or high), but that Georgia Red Clay can really be slick with just a tad of water on it.
Mike, it pleases me to hear you enjoyed that ride, but as I remember looking back at you and Carl hunkered up on that wooden bench I can't help but wonder just how miserable it must have felt on the bottom end. Anyway, I definitely enjoyed your company. :-D

Don't know about October... got a lot going on that month.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks