• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another newbie in TN

ScaledConflicts

Good morning all. Accidentally discovered this great site yesterday doing research on the HEMTT vehicles. I am currently gathering info to build a 1/6th scale M977 for my kids' soldiers, and potentially move on to the Patriot Missile Battery as well as other variants.

I must admit, after looking through somne of the threads, I find myself wanting something in the full size range.

I am very happy that so many of these vehicles have gone on to a second life.
Thanks for a great site.

Tony Asbrock

dk8019

There's a real nice one up on ebay right now from one of our members. A well documented rebuild, with detail to attention like no other.

ScaledConflicts

Thanks for the welcome. I am really looking forward to spending a lot of time on here. I have looked at all of DMA251's pictures, even the pics from his Flickr account. His thread was what brought me here.

There are a lot of friendly people on here and I look forward to learning from all of you. Thanks again.

Tony

bigelk50

Thanks for the welcome. I am really looking forward to spending a lot of time on here. I have looked at all of DMA251's pictures, even the pics from his Flickr account. His thread was what brought me here.

There are a lot of friendly people on here and I look forward to learning from all of you. Thanks again.

Tony

Yes, that was a great build he did. However I think it would be easier to do that than a model. I just do not have the patience to do one with my sausage fingers.

Looking forward to seeing your model come a long.

ScaledConflicts

It's not going to be too small. A full sized G.I. Joe will ride in the cab. It's going to be about 60in long x 16in wide x 16in tall. Big toy. If I wind up building the Patriot Missile Battery, then it will really be a large toy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks