• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another newbie signing on w/ M35A2

bede63

Hi ARMYMAN,
Thanks for the info. What does "MP" mean in "400 MP"? Where was this unit out of? What exactly does the "HQ-6" on the left bumper mean?

That thing lurking behind the deuce is a 1941 Chevrolet 1-1/2 ton truck with a grain body. I bought it from the orignal owner, a farmer in eastern PA, who had removed the inner rear wheels to enable the Anthony grain body to be mounted directly on the frame (i.e. no wooden frame rails). Not sure why it was done this way other than to presumably make the installation simpler. It's one of my many projects.

Best,
Charles

moreorles2

Charles- I did try to PM you but it seems my electrons got lost in space. Anyway, you might want to visit this weekends flea market in Lowell for some parts for your deuce. I've gone the past two years and there is always something there that I just can't live without. Welcome aboard......

SUN 9th Annual Lowell MASS Flea Market 9AM - 2 PM At the Lowell Mass VFW Post 190 on Plain St. in Lowell Mass. Take the Lowell Connector off of Interstate 495 then Exit 4 Plain St. At the end of the exit, take a right. The VFW is just up the hill on the left. Vendor setup is at 8 AM. Doors open at 9 AM. General Admission is $3 with spouses and children free. Tables are $15. Checks should be made out to the MVMVC. Call Ed Celino 603-880-4293 for tables or email: edanncelino@comcast.net if you have questions. NO LIVE FIREARMS, AMMO, OR PYROTECHNICS OF ANY KIND ARE ALLOWED.

2027Deuce

Welcome Charles,

If you have a chance to get a gasser deuce I'd go for it. Learning the diff. between the gas and multi fuel is interesting and I'm sure you would like the gasser just as well, if not better (except the fuel mileage). Again welcome aboard.

2027Deuce

Oh I've seen HQ HQ and also HHC for Headquarters Headquarters company so I am guessing your truck was #6 in the HQ. I went USMC so I'm not real familiar with army markings.

BEASTMASTER

hey charles nice to have you on site. last time i was at the foot he had a 105 trl. i believe. it was in good shape and he was lookin for $6oo i think . he had a 5 ton coming in too. just a cab and chasie but it had the mack motor in it. there's a guy in plympton, ma .that might have some parts you need.did you ever check back on that deuce at midd. salvage ?? it still there. :driver:

saddamsnightmare

March 5th, 2006.

I guess you probably figured out what you have is "ODITIS", it's fairly easily to pass it around, has caused many, many marriages to hit the rocks, your teenage dauther will never want to be seen with you again in public, you can't have an affair (you're not really invisible), and it's probably terminal- no known cure but more green or tan iron articles will do. Congratulations in any case, you will find these gentlemen a fountain of information, a puckish lot when it comes to their humor, and they can pile the biodegradable matter higher in some cases then it is legally allowed. Next STOP, MVPA, then PArades and MV shows, and there goes your life. Eat, Sleep (dream about OD Iron), work (to buy more OD Iron), restore OD Iron, it's all over, sooner or later a Deuce will take you out to the final stop.
Either way, any lif you had before this is HISTORY!!!!

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1963 Swiss Army Pritsche Unimog S404.114 Mercedes Benz
1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce truck.

55Cameo

My guess on the HHC 6 is that someone just painted it on there after is was sold as surplus. 6 is for the commander's vehicle and I don't know to many commanders that rode around in a Deuce. I could be wrong though. (it has happened before... once)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks