• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another one: WTB NOS Dashboard Cover

Mark3395

Have checked the LMC catalog and find that they don't have a grey dashboard pad for the '85 M1028... just black.

Anybody got one for sale?

I'll check my local GM dealership today as well.

Those pads were a stunningly defective design.

bbbang

You can buy their dashboard pad and buy a can or two of the grey dye from LMC. The dye they sell works great and I have used it a lot on plastic and vinyl pieces on a M1009 I am working on. Hope that helps you. Chris

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The GM parts guy that I have used for the past 20+ years told me that GM has stopped stocking and gotten rid of most all parts for the 81-88 GM's. You MIGHT get lucky on SOME parts if they do a dealer search and one of them has them lying around in the "back 40".

The dash pads that came from GM have all been black and there is a special dye that you used to match the colour you want. GM stocked the coloured ones but not after about '88??? LMC or one of your local automotive paint dealers carry the dye.

Good Luck!

acesneights1

when the stuff "was" available from GM, it was "paint to match" You never knew what color it would be when it came in.

raiburn

My '86 '28 has a cherry dash,(condition, not color), it was somehow preserved under a quarter inch of dust. Especially weird, because the truck had no drivers door window for who knows how long. Most of the ones I have seen on these trucks have the Grand Canyon running through them.

NPD732

The official color of the dash and interior is bronze. Its sort of a brown color. Door panels fade to a maroon color. Dash pads literally explode from the sun. The seat covers fade to different shades of brown. I dont think Chevy used this color in the civillian trucks, or at least I have never ran across one. My buddy won a 1028 on GL. It only had 3000 miles on it. It still had the tires it was built with on it although dy rotted. Brake and gas pedal looked brand new. The dash pad was the bronze color but toast. It must have never been driven. It's one of those 87 1028's with the 1010 charging system, underdash tach and a huge breaker set int he dash above the glove box.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chevy/GMC did use this color in civilian trucks as I have a Scottsdale with the same color dash pad and seat. Best luck I've had for finding dash pads and seats is from c30 wrecks/junkers in the salvage yards, especially plumbers trucks. Most were garage kept and have dashes that had minimum time in the sun. Found 3 so far that way that were in good shape.

M725

The dash pad, door panels, and seats came all the same color.
If you dash is GREY it was a replacement, that is the color that they came.The military never paint them. I have found at www.eastwood.com Their OE Interior/Upholstery Paint, Burgundy color matchs the seats.
Replacement seats came in the color black.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks