• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another option for mounting the tag...

Timber

This comes up often enough I thought I'd show where I mounted mine. I do not plan on using the pintle hitch and want a regular receiver hitch on, so this was the ticket for me. The upper tag bolts have the built in LED lights, I think I paid $9 for them on ebay. The tag bracket is a cheap chrome thing from Autozone that got tossed into the blast cabinet to make it ready for paint. The wiring for the LED bolts was done with connectors that fit through the mounting holes, so it all comes off easily.

Attachments

rnd-motorsports

Hay the stock location for the blazer nice! I got lucky in the fact Mich. only requires a rear plate. I have a headache rack in the back of my 1028 so I put plate in upper left corner! I have no light think I will get the LEDs never really gave it any thought but they would take care of the no lite deal I have now!

sierrajcharlie

I did the same thing except I just removed the pintle itself. I left the pintle mount and then drilled a couple of holes in it to mount the plate. I had to remove the trailer light hookup but am planning of changing that to a "rv" style hookup. Then I just put a cheap plate light along side of the plate. That'll get me by here in Iowa. Couldn't bring myself to put the plate on the tailgate. I'm also going to get a step bumper style receiver and weld that to the bottom of the pintle mount. Hopefully that'll happen this coming weekend. That's if we don't go play in the mud again!!:)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I had an Oh-9 and when I ran a plate, I had it affixed to the spare tire in the back. Had a little light in the corner that shined at it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks