• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Part Identification Request

rmesgt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While working on my 1985 M1009, I discovered this thing hiding between the back of the engine and the fire wall. It appears to be a resister but I cannot locate this thing in the -20 or -34 TM's. Can anyone tell me what this does, what it's for, and how does one know if it is working properly?

Strange Part.jpg

If I remember correctly, this thing was connected to a plug that had a purple wire and a purple wire with a red chaser. It was wrapped in ancient duct tape.

rmesgt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is for the "water in fuel" sensor on the stock fuel filter assembly. Good Luck. Be Safe.
I seriously doubt that I will ever be able to stump you with a CUCV related question! Thank God..! and... thank you for your help. I would be sooooo stuck without your help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks