• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another pic request!!

Dozer11B

Hey guys can I see some rigs and a short list of the mods you've done. Also it might be helpful if you included reasons for mods (other than obvious mods like lift and such), stuff you didn't like about the model or just something you wanted to do.

Thanks guys.

Nico

-4" bds lift (looks more than 3")
-rs 9000 rancho
-bfg AT`S 35x12.5 r15
-ord steering box brace kit
-bigger drive shaft from high angle driveshaft ca

regards
Nico

Attachments

84cucv1ton

not a cucv but its a chevy.:razz: as you can see still have a way to go.

specs:
4 bolt 350. headers, cam, intake basic build
th400/205 fixed yoke (getting the twin stick now)
not in the pics butt will have a set of m1008 axles going in. both with Detroit lockers.
ORD crossover
still need the steering box brace.
All ORD suspension.
up front 52" springs
rear is 56" springs with a flip.
all together 6" lift
all grease able hardware

working on:
new break and fuel lines.
hydro assist

well, thats my start at my first chevy built for off road. Happy new year to eveyone!

Attachments

mangus580

Hate to be a bit of an ass.... but if you spend some time flipping through the CUCV forum, you will find many of the pictures you are after. Most people like to show off their mods, and post things as they do such mods.

jimm1009

Here is my daily driver since late 1995.

I added 33/12.50 x 15 tires within 30 days of purchase. About two years later I added the civy trailer hitch. The tires are only about 1.5 inches larger but are like adding an overdrive to the truck. Very good range for highway driving.

I have put about 85,000 miles on my truck since it's purchase with 62,xxx on it.
The trailer hitch is due to having to use rental equipment from time to time.
As you will see, I retained the OEM pintle because I use a M101 or a lightly loaded M105A2 from time to time.
I purchased a Valley brand, bolt-on pintle that I can stab into the civy receiver that has a 1 7/8" ball, a 2" ball, and also the pintle action with the top closed down.
I purchased a trailer plug and wired in the 4-pin civy plus so that I can pull the common civy trailers too when needed. You will see pics with various parts installed and removed during experimentation but I'm sure it wil all make sense.
I also installed a 3rd brake light in my top but that is a really big job.
The inner frame of the fiberglass top is very hard steel and you have to cut a rectangular hole in it for a flush mounted light like I installed but I do like the extra light. I drive in a lot of stop-and-go traffic in the morning so I feel better about having it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dozer11B

No prob Mangus, I'm digging through all that stuff right now utilizing the search, there seems to be ALOT to weed through. Mostly stock stuff that everyone JUST RECENTLY bought.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks