• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another question

jerseyjeep2003

I know, I know...pictures. I'm working on them, I have to upload to my computer and photo bucket, I'll add them after the Steelers game. Here is my question. Is it legal for me to re-stencil Military Police on the doors of my M35? In another post I mentioned that mine was in Kuwait, well it was a military police truck. Any thoughts, can I or can I not stencil. My wife says NO, but I say yes.

treessw

Well, I am going to have to side with your wife on this one, for right now. Your best bet is to check with local township and state laws. I grew up in Philly and they were very strict on vehicle laws and regs, just like jersey. I know they are tough there. I like the ride but here is another issue with re-stenciling... its a bobbed deuce, and yes the original stenciling and letters and designation would be cool you cant really (if you were to get in trouble) say it was a complete history/restoring project with it being modified. I am not trying to burst your bubble on this one. Now to side with you... if you go for it as long as you are not putting lights or anything else of the sort you might be OK. It would look B.A. with the markings for sure. Hope maybe this helps.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You can not put markings on it that would lead people to believe that it is a current active duty military vehicle.

You can use the indica of a de-activated unit and make it a "historical representation".

When I was at Fort McClellan, AL I was in the 365th Transportation Company which was one of the support units for the post.

The unit was de-activated in 1992 and to the best of my knowledge has not been re-activated.

There is a site that has all the former units listed but it escapes me right now.

You could check with the Army Transportation Museum at Fort Eustis, VA.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can not put markings on it that would lead people to believe that it is a current active duty military vehicle.

You can use the indica of a de-activated unit and make it a "historical representation".

When I was at Fort McClellan, AL I was in the 365th Transportation Company which was one of the support units for the post.

The unit was de-activated in 1992 and to the best of my knowledge has not been re-activated.

There is a site that has all the former units listed but it escapes me right now.

You could check with the Army Transportation Museum at Fort Eustis, VA.
WM, this could open up a whole other can of worms if you are right. There are many trucks (including mine that's in my avatar) that are running around with the same markings they had when in active duty. Mine were on the truck when I got it from GL. I never thought about it but this could be illegal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks