• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another rim question for the deuce..

southernsmoker

During my quest for rims for my "Bobbed deuce on 53's" I have found a place that has 20x14 rims that they will install 1/2" thick centers for the rockwell pattern for a very good price. The quality of work is excellent but I am concerned about the 14" width being too wide for the thick sidewalls of the 16r20's at low pressure. I was planning on a 6" backspace to help with rubbing issues. What do you all think? Is 14" too wide? Thanks!!

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
During my quest for rims for my "Bobbed deuce on 53's" I have found a place that has 20x14 rims that they will install 1/2" thick centers for the rockwell pattern for a very good price. The quality of work is excellent but I am concerned about the 14" width being too wide for the thick sidewalls of the 16r20's at low pressure. I was planning on a 6" backspace to help with rubbing issues. What do you all think? Is 14" too wide? Thanks!!

If they are Michelins, why mount tires that are designed for a 10" rim on a 14". I wouldn't do it.

Army Military Tires

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks