• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another S-250 camper build thread

amgeneral72

Drove all the way to Tobyhannah Pa. to pick up this wonderful S-250. I needed a larger shelter than the the one i have been using. With this one I can fit a full size mattress for the wife and I. We were previously both sleeping on a twin. Very tight quarters. I have about 30 days before the rally to get her finished. I recovered it on 8/18/15 so I have had it home for a while and have gotten a fair amount of work done already. I will post some pictures I took to try and catch up. Guess I started this build thread a little late ,but better late than never.

So here we go.

Driving home from Pa.
IMG_1225.jpgIMG_1222.jpgIMG_1232.jpgIMG_1234.jpgIMG_1251.jpgIMG_1254.jpg

Made it home.
IMG_1228.jpg Love the side & rear window. IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1311.jpgEasier to move with the tractor

amgeneral72

Got started removing everything. Im going to save some of the racking to use in building my bed frame. Im sure i can find uses for some of the other pieces as well. If nothing else its all aluminum. Most of the stuff is bolted but a lot was riveted to the walls. Lots of drilling.

IMG_1233.jpgIMG_1243.jpgIMG_1241.jpgIMG_1258.jpgIMG_1239.jpgIMG_1240.jpgIMG_1277.jpg

Most everything removed.

amgeneral72

Got the A/C in. Cut out the center of the original box. Mounted the unit and used greatstuff
to insulate it. I had to make some aluminum plates to fit around the unit. Got them sealed and riveted in place. She's not going anywhere.
IMG_1278.jpgIMG_1280.jpg

XchaosX

I turned my S250 into a camper and used a full size mattress too. I also used the left over aluminum racking to build the bed frame.