• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another SF97 question for GL

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I bought things from DRMO, back before GL and Levy Latham got contracts to dispose of surplus property, I picked up trailers from them and they handed me an SF97 (Certificate to Obtain Title) the day I picked up the items. They didn't even ask me "do you need a SF97" when I called to arrange the pickup day, they just HAD it, and said "Here" when I loaded up.

Go forward 10 years, and we now have to pay $60 per SF97 and wait 30-60-90 days to a SF97 to be approved and delivered to us. I understand the money, it costs you in time and effort to get them processed. However, why the wait? If it could be done almost immediately by DMRO, why so long for GL to do it?

Just want to understand how the whole process works.

papercu

GL

Because the "collectors" complained to GL about the wrong numbers that happen sometimes on the SF 97 so GL "fixed the problem" Wayne

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, I don't know where you got your trucks from, but, when I got trucks through DRMO, I never received my SF97 when picking them up. Instead, it was expected that the SF97 would follow in the mail within a week or so. I used to verify the VIN, year, make, model, etc. with the site contact and I always received the correct info on my SF97s. I can't say they did it this way everywhere, but this is how it was done at Lakehurst. In case you are wondering why I used to bid at Lakehurst...I said previously that Joe Young taught me how to inspect and he often actually helped me to inspect...and he lives in NJ so I bid locally to him.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never bought trucks pre-GL, I bought two trailers. One was a M416 from Chambersburg, the other was a M149 from Meade. Both times the DRMO people handed me the SF97 when I signed the invoice and was heading out the door. The numbers were right on both of them.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess different sites handled it differently. I know this is how they did it at Lakehurst because I experienced this and Joe alerted me ahead of time about what to do...to verify all of the info with them. Either way, it would be cool if they could get us the correct SF97 when we got the trucks/trailers. However, MD DMV does not accept a second party SF97 so I would still need the dealer transfer form.

uh60

I was told that the DRMS is kind of busey with the two wars going on. It is going to take longer for the sf97 paperwork because of this fact. Government property do not have titles so after they are sold a request for a title is made by the Government. Now I ask you this if you had to supply the armed forces fighting two plus wars would you cut back on the man power that does the paperwork for auction sales or would you cut back on the manpower that puts ammo and food and medical supplys in to the supply system that is keeping our troops alive? I know how much it sucks waiting for the EUC and SF97 paperwork. But it sucks alot worse being over seas fighting without the needed equipment.

CGarbee

I used to get SF97's that had UNK in almost every blank... Usually in the mail a week or so after I picked up a truck (in NC or VA). I never was able to title anything in either state until I had the form corrected (another month or so and a bunch of work) as neither state wanted to see UNK on a blank and the folks filling out the form weren't going to put something down unless they knew it was correct and the form didn't allow blank spaces.
Now, I get a form with the correct info...
I don't like paying for the service, but I factor it into my total costs (bid, premium, transportation, taxes, etc.).
I really don't like not knowing what the timeline is for getting the form back once submitted. It was strongly suggested when I was talking to the folks at the GL tent this past weekend at Aberdeen that it be requested by email using the "info at GL" address (need to get the exact email address off Robyn's card when I get back home) that we be able to see the status of the SF97's in a manner similar to what we can for EUC's (or better yet, be able to log in and get the same status updates that a GL employee can see when they log in and view an account). This would at least help folks know where their paperwork was instead of having the black hole that exists now.

Speeking of email, it was pointed out that suggestions made here are nice, but that if they are sent in by email to the "info" account that GL has that it will be logged and passed on to the appropriate person (and will be available for review by management)...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks