• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another stupid idea, ignore this thread.

tobyS

Here you go. I don't know what has a high pressure dual brake system, but I have a couple of them.

The system, I believe, has hydraulic accumulators. That pressure switch is set at 2000#, must be a supply.

Attachments

Last edited:

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Apologies if I offended.
I'm not offended. It just seems some people aren't actually reading my posts before they respond to them.

I had written out a long response, but if people aren't reading my posts then it seemed pointless.

More than one person has thought this thread is about the issue with the single circuit brake system - it isn't.
You have stated it's a solution looking for a problem - I already stated I have suffered from the problem in the past.

I don't know how to respond without writing what I've already written.

At this point, I would rather a mod just deleted this thread.

tobyS

Sorry if my post is not exactly on topic concerning your air supply. My pics are however a fail safe hydraulic dual system that with enough information and invention, might be adapted. There are no "fail safe" brakes until one is into air operated. You are using the wrong term. Air brakes as well as the hydraulic of a 105 or 1061, have the feature that they will apply automatically if an event happens. There is no automatic application of brakes on a deuce.....no "fail safe" mode to be achieved.

Now if you wanted to have a brake control from a 105 or 1061, they have an air reserve that actuates when the emergency looses air and could potentially be made "fail safe" (application of brakes on loss of air).

As far as the tank rating, look for the ASME stamp. 125psi should do it but 150 would give a little margin. Any more rating is un-necessary.

Last edited:

fasttruck

Air dryers remove moisture from the brake system so it does not freeze in cold weather. The Army issued a kit for M35s and M818s and such that would meter alcohol into the air system to prevent freezing. You still had to drain the tank daily tom expel the moisture. An air dryer would ne more difficult to plumb and mount. Buut I am sure is could (and has) been done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks