• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another temp control issue?

Thecaptain

I updated my post - with the fan running full time, temp should stay pretty steady @ 180 - I was on my phone and mis-remembered my temperature gauge...I'm sorry if I caused any confusion.

What does one of those have to do with the other?
not that it turns on at all, but as i mentioned earlier it turns on at 200 degrees.
i know that the fan will just stay on from certain failures by design.
i’d bore myself and anyone following the whole thread if i was repeating the whole thread in each reply.
im thinking that my TDM has a failed timer function that just keeps the circuit open. but i also think that my thermostat is opening a little late and is model with too low of a volume passage. just ordered a Milidon high volume 180 degree.
this should keep my temps low enough to keep the fan from having to turn on at regular driving conditions. should be good enough until i feel like risking money on a new TDM. too many other expenses lately.

Action

Well it definitely opens because the fan turns on. but it stays on until the truck has cooled to way below 160. if I restart the truck at 160, the fan will still be on.
when the truck is cold, I can turn the fan on by disconnecting the TDM.
Is there a part number that supersedes the original TDM? I have found different part numbers out there for the M998

What is the difference between the thermostatic flow control module and the TDM?
Which one should I replace first?
The thermostatic flow control module is for the air conditioning. It mounts to the evaporator inside the cab.
And, the fan will turn on sooner if the thermostat doesn't open.

Last edited:

The thermostatic flow control module is for the air conditioning. It mounts to the evaporator inside the cab.
And, the fan will turn on sooner if the thermostat doesn't open.
Do you mean that if the thermostat doesn't open, the fan will turn on at a lower temp than it normally would? Or that it will happen sooner because the temp will rise faster?

I'm thinking that the new thermostatic switch I installed has a lower temp setting so it turns the fan on at 200 instead of 230(as specified in the TM).
What's the best deal I can get on a TDM? is there an updated/improved model number like with the control boxes?

Action

I meant that if the thermostat doesn't open, the coolant will heat faster causing the fan to come on sooner than if the thermostat was opening. The fan should still come on at the same water temp, either way. Did you use the correct part number on the switch? Or just found one that fit?

911joeblow

I dont like recommending to put our kits on without getting your other issue resolved but these will drastically reduce the fan cycling and the duration it is on for (when working properly). But the real key is keeping the rear two cylinders from overheating locally and the constant bleeding from the rear of the block really add reliability to these engines. The kit for your truck is here: https://paradoxbydesign.com/collect...oducts/hmmwv-humvee-cooling-upgrade-system-v3

Action

I dont like recommending to put our kits on without getting your other issue resolved but these will drastically reduce the fan cycling and the duration it is on for (when working properly). But the real key is keeping the rear two cylinders from overheating locally and the constant bleeding from the rear of the block really add reliability to these engines. The kit for your truck is here: https://paradoxbydesign.com/collect...oducts/hmmwv-humvee-cooling-upgrade-system-v3
This is starting to remind me of spam.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks