• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Transmission thread plus gas gauge and speedo

bbqfan5909

Hello,

I am having problems with a few things and really dont have much free time to trouble shoot. Any help would be greatly apprieciated!

First: Have the same old problem with hard shifts and high rpms. Any pictures showing the vac line replacements and modulator?

Second: Speedo and gas gauge does not work, cables broken and where should I look?

Thanks everyone,

Casey

HAWKMAN

Speedo: is the odometer working? if so then cable OK and head is bad.
Gas gauge: check ground on sending unit, common for rust to break ground.
Just a thought:-D

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the shift problem, start with the rubber vacuum lines on top of the engine below the air cleaner. I replaced all those on mine last week (the old ones looked like they were made of sponge). Parts cost the princely sum of $6.23 including tax, and I had lots of hose left over when I was done.
I gave it a test drive after doing that but before moving on to the other parts, and found that my problem was completely cured. Went from hard shifts at 25 and 50 mph, to smooth shifts where they should be.

Download the -34 manual in the Resources section and read it before you start. There are pictures and good explanations of the procedures.

Cheers

HAWKMAN

Unscrew the speedo cable end from the trans and have someone turn the inner cable with their fingers you look to see if the speedo moves if it does then the problem is in the gears in the trans if not then pull the inner cable out and inspect, if thats good then the speedo unit itself might be the problem. just a thought.......:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks