• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another trip to TNJ Murray's

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wanna take a trip to TNJ Murray's in the next couple days. Anyone need anything from there? I am willing to bring to Aberdeen/Haspin for no charge. Well, maybe a beer would be nice....

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you know if they have any empty Multi-Fuel engine containers?

scooter01922

I may be in for some stuff. Need to tinker on the deuce tomorrow a bit and depending on what i find i may need to add to my purchase list. I won't be ordering till tomorrow afternoon at the earliest but definatley sometime tomorrow night at the latest. We already talked about the bulky item i want from them :)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doesn't your Durango have a roof rack?:roll:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Darn, I'm tired - 10 hours on the road today. 4 going, and 6 coming back (Friday afternoon traffic around DC beltway sucks!)

Good weather, a little cold, but saw a lot of green iron today in the weeds at TNJ. John Murray is hard to get ahold of, but a great guy to deal with. Even let me take the yard HMMWV for a spin around the lot to pick up my parts I got - lots of fun, I have to get one someday.

Got nice trucks all over the place up front - sorry no pics of the good iron, I ran outta memory on the camera of the parts and beater in back! Will have to take some pics of the nice trucks next time.

Picked up a TOW pedestal, two convoy light kits (one for me, one for scooter), a boarding ladder (4 steps), and a pile of small items. Always a fun time playing in the junkyard!

Anyways, here's the pics. The small dozer is an old Oliver. The jet engines look like they are a M52 engine pod, not sure.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
More pics. The mule deck is just that, the deck. He wanted $200 for it, I was tempted to save it, but I decided not to. Perhaps the next yard-hopper will snag it.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Few more. M818 tool boxes/spare tire brackets with hoses. Not sure what the jacks are. The WWII director's trailer has been in the yard since the 1960s, deserves a good home. He wanted $500 for the trailer.

Attachments

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last lot of pics - I saved the best for last. I wanted to buy this myself, but with being out of a job and not really having time to play with it in the first place, I am posting my find here to try and find a worthy home. M756 pipeline deuce remains. Includes the axles, the bed (no wood), the gin poles, rear winch, PTOs, tranny, headache rack, rims, etc. All for $500. Buyer must take all. PLEASE SAVE IT SOMEONE....

Attachments

scooter01922

Thanks for grabbing that convoy light kit for me, you rock. Bit of a PITA to get the stuff payed for as it seems they lack a wee bit in the communication dept but you got it so everything is good. I definately owe you several chilled adult beverages at aberdeen :)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking forward to chilled adult beverages! :grd:

Just to let others know, if you want anything brought to Aberdeen I will be going back here before then, I can pick something up. I don't wanna go here as often as I do Colemans, the distance is quite a bit further and the traffic getting to TNJ sucks, but I will make 1 more trip there pre-Aberdeen.

jason@snakeriver

It looks like they have surplused some of the newer series of light cargo trailers. I have seen them brand new on semi's going down the freeway.

When Liberty Auto bought out all the weasel parts, now I can see what a PITA it would have been to gather all that stuff up.
Thanks a lot for the time and the pictures for those of us that will never be able to get back east.

jrodjared

I was recently out there about two weeks ago with my friend Paul. Met with John directly, he is a heck of a nice guy. So was his father who happened to be there as well! The big guy was full of knowledge too. Forget his name...

Anyway, here are two videos I took while out there:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/bdyipp9xxW76-RslL30ty9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

and

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/tJxnL-oyhbPS9Yn2PxXVfNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Tried embedding the video, huge no go with Picasa Web Albums.

That's John driving us around in the yard Humvee. It was great being able to talk face to face and ask questions. They had a warehouse full of mail-order stuff waiting to be packed and shipped. I imagine it can be a little overwhelming for them. If you have the chance, just go there. You can get much better deals, and you know what you are leaving with!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks