• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

another update on my engine swap. engine starts and dies 5 minutes later.

m1garand_man

I did not think you could reverse the connectors but not knowing where you got your truck a previous owner could have engineered them to reverse.
If I understand you correctly, that the engine runs until that cold advance de-energizes, sure sounds like it is reversed.
Is it possible the circuits are reversed in the wiring harness?
Does the shut off circuit still have power after the advance circuit cuts off the engine?
If it were your original engine I would wonder if the IP timing marks were lined up or if the timing chain had stretched\jumped. IOW is the IP timing off such that the advance is needed to make the engine run.
Something is not right, I wish I could be more help.

Well by the TM it is wired correctly. I highly doubt that the wiring harness was manufactured incorrectly. how ever you never know. but even if it were reversed it would have to be some other currently non-existent electrical problem that isn’t there. I trouble shot the advance and high idle wires back to the sensor so they are connected to each other.

Here's some other things that make me think its not reversed and that the problem is something else (have absolutely no idea what could be out of adjustment in two injection pumps that would cause this problem especially since both pumps were timed properly and there’s no mention of this problem in the tm.) Any way when I disconnect the advance wire the engine dies. If that solenoid looses power the engine dies. I haven’t messed with removing the pink fuel cut off solenoid wire so I'm not sure what would happen. But even when the engine woudl die the fuel shut off solinoid was still engergized.

I know the two wires aren't reversed. One the connectors are different sizes and the high idle wire wont fit on the cut off connector. In addition if it did you couldn’t reach the high idle wire to its solenoid. Finally I've probably verified its correct set up about 24 times in the TM because this possibility keeps coming back to me too even though every time I check I find that for the reasons above it is correctly wired.

hre513

Could have a plugged return line, or the check ball in the ip return could be plugged. You might try running it with the return line running into a fuel jug.

m1garand_man

Could have a plugged return line, or the check ball in the ip return could be plugged. You might try running it with the return line running into a fuel jug.
I know about that. I'll have to check it again but I think it is clear. I ran the pump on the old engine with a clear line on it and it did flow fuel through it freely.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks