• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another way to Bob a Deuce!

100dollarman

Thanks for helping me early this morning on the phone and being honest about shipping prices and stuff. I ended up pulling the trigger and buying a bobbed one out here that needs a little work. Im sure Ill be bugging everyone on the board over the next few months trying to learn about them :mrgreen:

I didnt pay anywhere close to that sticker, btw.
Silverado bed is first to go once I find a M101 for a good price locally!

Glad I could help ---- Congrats on your new ride!!!

basing110

that 5 ton is awesome...how much does a setup like that run in a 2.5 ton version?im trying to get rid of a couple firearms to get a deuce and bob it with tires like that

chess

i am seriously wanting to buy one but i want to clear some stuff. i dont need a cdl right? and how can i register it for it to have plates where i can use it everyday? and if i decide to go with a 5 ton do i need a cdl for that?

Trudge

i am seriously wanting to buy one but i want to clear some stuff. i dont need a cdl right? and how can i register it for it to have plates where i can use it everyday? and if i decide to go with a 5 ton do i need a cdl for that?

I use hagerty insurance, its under 200 a year....

i think bobbing a five ton would be allot more labor intensive with the air breaks and all......and i just posted a thread about needing a CDL with one and the general consesise was yes...........better safe then sorry

im in Ga and registering my Duece was no big deal

100dollarman

We are working on #24 bobber now-- on the chopping block!

This one is pretty basic- 14.00 Goodyears on stock wheels, no flipped hubs, no paint, shortened deuce bed-

After this one is done, we will be bobbing our first A3! Cant wait for that one!

Attachments

GPappy

Are most of your Deuces done with the trailer springs and frame now? Are there any clearance issues with the larger tires?

100dollarman

Are most of your Deuces done with the trailer springs and frame now? Are there any clearance issues with the larger tires?

Yes- Probably the last 6 or 8 have been done with the trailer frame/spring set-up. We have done them with 'flipped' and non- flipped hubs-- no clearance issues so far. Also, the last few have been shortened deuce beds-- I like it this way---

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks