• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another way to Bob a Deuce!

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the deuce beds better myself. Would like to see a bobbed dropside someday.

Keep it coming Hundy!

russ132

Hundy, In posting #238 on picture number two in the top center of the picture I think I see a weld on the second cross member of the trailer. Is the trailer frame also welded to the truck frame there or is that weld just to strengthen the trailer frame? If you could take some pictures of the inside of the truck frame after the welding is complete I would be in you dept. Also, how long is the total length of the new drive shaft and do you have any particular landmarks for measuring were to weld the trailer frame in place? If I am asking too many questions I apologize and I thank you for your information.

100dollarman

Hundy, In posting #238 on picture number two in the top center of the picture I think I see a weld on the second cross member of the trailer. Is the trailer frame also welded to the truck frame there or is that weld just to strengthen the trailer frame? If you could take some pictures of the inside of the truck frame after the welding is complete I would be in you dept. Also, how long is the total length of the new drive shaft and do you have any particular landmarks for measuring were to weld the trailer frame in place? If I am asking too many questions I apologize and I thank you for your information.

That weld is the trailer frame welded to the trk frame---

Each driveshaft might be a little different, you have to measure yours to your truck to know what length to build it. I think we add about 5-6".

We butt the trailer frame up to the rivet on the underside of the frame as a reference. But we adjust as needed-- most all of the truck frames are not perfectly square.

100dollarman

What paint do you use?

I get the paint from a Army Truck guy who wont tell me exactly what it is--- its water based, covers very well, and is the perfect color. He swears its not house paint, but I am thinking it might be!
This truck is the first one that we used an airless paint sprayer--- it worked GREAT! This is what we will be usuing from not on. I just bought a Graco Magnum Pro X9 sprayer to use on the trucks, AND I can paint my house with it too! LOL[thumbzup]

:grd:

KsM715

Hundy, How are you dealing with the cross members of the trailer frame interfering with the drive shaft? any pics of what you do there?

jollyroger

Hundy......You are da man. I'm glad business is strong for you. Keep on truckin'.

And when I need more tires I'll just have to come out and see y'all and what's new at the yard. Oh darn.

That M-818 you have is a super clean truck. I remember that one when I came over last spring with my M-817 dumper and retrieved the M-105 you guys picked up for me at Barstow.

Nice find on the bus. There is so much space and so many options it is difficult to decide how you want to spec them out. Those V Detroits are real quiet inside and out. My Mom's bus has the 8V-92. She's a little sluggish off the line but once it gets rolling it pegs the boost guage at 35 psi and were gone. I've been told by the Detroit guys that the supercharger is mostly to create enough boost at cranking speeds to start the engine and that the turbo does the "work" once it's running. Being a 2 cycle engine they don't build a lot of pressure in the cylinders at low speeds is what they have said. Like you when I first started working on the 8V-92 I was all kinds of impressed that it had a super and a turbo........It's still way cool even if the super just starts the engine.[thumbzup]

100dollarman

Hundy......You are da man. I'm glad business is strong for you. Keep on truckin'.

And when I need more tires I'll just have to come out and see y'all and what's new at the yard. Oh darn.

That M-818 you have is a super clean truck. I remember that one when I came over last spring with my M-817 dumper and retrieved the M-105 you guys picked up for me at Barstow.

Nice find on the bus. There is so much space and so many options it is difficult to decide how you want to spec them out. Those V Detroits are real quiet inside and out. My Mom's bus has the 8V-92. She's a little sluggish off the line but once it gets rolling it pegs the boost guage at 35 psi and were gone. I've been told by the Detroit guys that the supercharger is mostly to create enough boost at cranking speeds to start the engine and that the turbo does the "work" once it's running. Being a 2 cycle engine they don't build a lot of pressure in the cylinders at low speeds is what they have said. Like you when I first started working on the 8V-92 I was all kinds of impressed that it had a super and a turbo........It's still way cool even if the super just starts the engine.[thumbzup]

Here are a couple of pics of the 5 tons-

And the Bus- I am going to sell it because I dont have time for the project-- $7500!!! Someone should snag this up!

Attachments

100dollarman

Bobber #26 (A3) is done and getting delivered today!

We have already started on bobber #27-- for The greenman76 in Las Vegas. It is going to be a soft top, shortened deuce bed, 14.00s on stock wheels, trailer frame/spring set-up, no paint. I have a nice solid truck to start with-- Let the build begin!!!!!

Attachments

thegreenman76

i get more and more excited everytime i look at it!!!! hundy i've got some more possible buisness comming your way. my old man would like to get a m1009. so let me know when you get one. and thanks for putting up with me and my o.c.d. hahahaha