• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another way to Bob a Deuce!

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't forget to bring me a spare out to Dirtbag.................

100dollarman

Well, I was hoping to be done with this bobber by now---

My driveline shop has held me up a bit for the first time-- everything else is done. Just need the driveline to get finished and installed.

Got the bed shortened and mounted. Got the wheels and tires installed today (no pic yet).

Just driveshaft and she's done! Maybe a little clean up on the inside while we are waiting.

Attachments

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just curious, how do you get registration and plates for a bobbed deuce?

In the Netherlands (and most other EU countries), changing a vehicle like that means changing its specifications, which means its basically a new vehicle, which means you have to get new registration for it, which means the DoT will want to see and test the vehicle to check the new specs, which means ........auaauaauaaua

100dollarman

Just curious, how do you get registration and plates for a bobbed deuce?

In the Netherlands (and most other EU countries), changing a vehicle like that means changing its specifications, which means its basically a new vehicle, which means you have to get new registration for it, which means the DoT will want to see and test the vehicle to check the new specs, which means ........auaauaauaaua

No problem here...

100dollarman

sounds like your loving your driveshaft guy right now...
Hope it's not the same guy who makes your spacers. ;)

LOL--- we had a small 'technical' difficulty!
Its ironic that this truck was going to get done very 'quickly' ----- only to have unforseen holdups along the way that has delayed its completion.:sad: The driveshaft is SUPPOSED to be ready tomorrow and she'll be done. I really try to do as much 'in house' as possible. It pains me to rely on others doing work for me that just are not on my same schedule!
The driveshaft situation should be solved now, the next one (hopefully) wont be a problem.

I have to give a BIG thanks to TheGreenman for his patience and understanding!!! Thx for hangin' in there with me, Bro!

Here she is -- waiting patiently for some propulsion-

Attachments

thegreenman76

Picked up my bobber yesterday from 100dollarman. Had a couple of hiccups, but soon as we got on the road everything was perfect! Mark thank you for all of your help and understanding. The M1009, m35a2 bobber, and m105 we all got to vegas and had a wonderful drive. After everything I will continue recomending you for all you sell.[thumbzup]

kwiksilver

Have you done any with a longer wheelbase? I'm trying to figure how to cut the bed for a longer version. For some reason the typical bobber seems too short for me. I like the 14.00's idea on stock wheels. I was thinking about spacing a 105 bed back over the rear tires and mounting the spare,tools and some other utility type stuff betweem the bed and the cab like the newer big trucks.

Last edited:

100dollarman

Picked up my bobber yesterday from 100dollarman. Had a couple of hiccups, but soon as we got on the road everything was perfect! Mark thank you for all of your help and understanding. The M1009, m35a2 bobber, and m105 we all got to vegas and had a wonderful drive. After everything I will continue recomending you for all you sell.[thumbzup]
Greenman- Dude, you were a pleasure to do business with- thank you very much for hanging in there through the hiccups. I am glad everything worked out well! Glad to hear "the convoy" made it home to Vegas.

Too bad you couldnt make it out to Camp Dirtbag---- maybe next time---

Attachments

100dollarman

Have you done any with a longer wheelbase? I'm trying to figure how to cut the bed for a longer version. For some reason the typical bobber seems too short for me. I like the 14.00's idea on stock wheels. I was thinking about spacing a 105 bed back over the rear tires and mounting the spare,tools and some other utility type stuff betweem the bed and the cab like the newer big trucks.

I havent, but sounds like a good idea!

100dollarman

Well, I am all caught up on customer builds right now-- thinking about what I want to do next. Asking for what the masses would like to see next---- chime in with your suggestions--- I like to do 'simple' builds, so nothing too complicated-

Maybe-
Bobbed deuce with dually 11.00-20s painted tan with a shortened deuce bed?

Bobbed 5 ton?

Deuce on 46s painted tan or green?

Bobber on 46s?

Bobber with a flatbed and roll cage?

Post up if you have any good ideas!

I would like to build something that would sell. So keep that in mind. Whaddya want???

:driver::driver::driver::driver::driver:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bobbed 5 ton. If you use a tractor you don't even need to cut the frame.