• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another way to Bob a Deuce!

asgtoolman

I'm not in the market for another bobbed deuce; but I do like the look of bobbed with duallies with shortened stock bed. I'm a 100% OD green man--no camo, no desert sand. THE WAY THEY ALL USED TO BE!!!

DJDD

I hope you're still in business when I get back stateside next year! Been wanting a stock M35 but the look of the bobber is just too inviting! One idea I do have is a crew cab bobber, might have to sketch up some plans and get them to you when it gets close to time for me to come home. 8)

100dollarman

i have a m923 with the 8.3 6cta wanna help me out?
Sure-- give me a call and tell me what you want to do-

I hope you're still in business when I get back stateside next year! Been wanting a stock M35 but the look of the bobber is just too inviting! One idea I do have is a crew cab bobber, might have to sketch up some plans and get them to you when it gets close to time for me to come home. 8)
Me too! [thumbzup]

100dollarman

We have been catching up on alot of projects around the shop--- but we do have a bobber going-- not sold yet--
We have the bed off and the susp cut out so far. Not 100% how this one will be outfitted-- will decide as we go! Maybe dualled 11.00s....prolly tan paint...

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I building a M109A3 into Bober Ext Cab.
I did not want crew cab.
I also building Pickup Bed for it air ride rear axle 4 wheel Disk brake system Two many thing to list. I may also up date engine to Cummins 5.9l with allison Mt 545 4 speed. It will depend on the engine & Trans power to ground when on dyno if it come up short it will be gone.

appalacious

Thanks everybody for the ideas and opinions! Keep them coming!

Here is my take on some of the issues so far-

(Quote:
Originally Posted by rdixiemiller
Mount up 1 of the torque rods to prevent axle wrap......)

Although I havent seen a problem with axle wrap, this sounds like a good idea--- I will look at this idea.
How would this work?? Is this something I should be concerned about when I put my deuce over m105 springs + 3" blocks? I know what axle wrap is, just not sure how the torque rod would be 'mounted up'.

mudguppy

... I know what axle wrap is, just not sure how the torque rod would be 'mounted up'.
app', check out pictures of my lower link bars in my 'Build Pics' albums - this is the most simple, yet most effective way at controlling axle wrap without limiting articulation or ride quality.

you can dump the clutch in my truck and you will get zero axle wrap. ... and i'm running 6" lift blocks.

maynard83

We have been catching up on alot of projects around the shop--- but we do have a bobber going-- not sold yet--
We have the bed off and the susp cut out so far. Not 100% how this one will be outfitted-- will decide as we go! Maybe dualled 11.00s....prolly tan paint...

Hey Hundy,
Have you ever installed or plan on installing an Air Ride for the Rear or front Suspension on your vehicles? Would this be an option if requested?